Sustainability Program Lead
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
JLL is hiring a Sustainability Program Lead for one of its key financial clients. This client has assets predominately in Canada but also around the world and the Lead along with a small team of Energy Analysts will be responsible for the development and execution of the energy management and sustainability programs for the client’s commercial real estate portfolio. This will include the delivery of client KPI’s including energy savings, carbon footprint reduction, water, and waste management.
The ideal candidate has a broad knowledge of sustainability programs, in particular a focus on carbon emissions. The ideal candidate should also possess good leadership skills to engage the client and build a strong relationship, as well as lead the team of analysts. This role works within a matrix environment, and savvy business acumen and an ability to drive to change are required.
This role is a hybrid position with an expectation to be in the office 2-3 days/week in downtown Toronto.
What this job involves:
- Develop and execute energy management and sustainability strategy.
- Implement comprehensive programs to reach objectives.
- Act as the subject matter expert to educate and guide key stakeholders on energy and sustainability topics and requests.
- Support corporate reporting objectives and provide management information relating to the use of utilities and the impact on the internal and external environment.
- Manage the energy, waste and water data collection process within JLL’s technology platform and produce monthly and quarterly reports that are tailored to meet our clients’ specific requirements.
- Drive operational improvements through the identification and implementation of opportunities to improve energy and sustainability performance across extensive real estate portfolios.
- Collaborate with other JLL energy managers to share best practices, develop case studies and develop new business opportunities.
- Engage with JLL facility managers to become the key point of contact for the provision of wide-ranging advice in relation to all aspects of environmental sustainability.
- Develop and enhance systems and processes for delivering best practice sustainability performance and use of utility/sustainability management systems for monitoring and/or reporting purposes.
- Provide technical training and/or mentor more junior colleagues.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be:
- University Degree (Science, engineering, math, or related fields)
- Specialized technical understanding of the most common HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and building automation systems and their impact on sustainability goals
- Advanced understanding of energy and water conservation measures
- Strong ability to analyse corporate portfolio by benchmarking and reviewing utility data to drive sustainability measures
- Advanced understanding of Greenhouse Gas Emission scopes and reporting
- Strong project management skills and an ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a high pressure, deadline driven environment
- Familiarity with energy procurement process and renewable energy options
- Ability to communicate difficult concepts and negotiate with others to adopt a different point of view
- Lead the technical support team to solve complex problems, plan and prioritize deadlines and think strategically to identify innovative solutions
On-site –Toronto, ONIf this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
We’re here to create rewarding opportunities and amazing spaces around the globe where people can achieve their ambitions. In doing so, we are buildin...