Mechanical Engineer - Hydroelectricity - Hybrid
Welcome to a place where people are at the heart of everything we do.
Welcome to people with an inspiring vision and who seek stimulating challenges. At CIMA+, you’ll find a place where you’ll have many opportunities to learn and develop while working on engaging projects.
We are a firm 100% owned by its employees and we value a collaborative and entrepreneurial mindset. You will have the flexibility to manage your work on your own terms and define what work-life balance means to you.
When you join CIMA+, we welcome you to a place that you can call home.
The continual development of our expertise in heavy mechanics in the field of hydroelectricity and dams or lifting structures is a growth objective in our Energy and Resources business sector. With this in mind, the Engineer will be called upon to promote their expertise by collaborating with various multi-sector stakeholders in the context of projects requiring a client-focused approach. Their wealth of knowledge and ability to manage priorities in the context of numerous projects will be the main assets in establishing credibility and ensuring success.
This is a hybrid position that can be based anywhere in the province of Quebec, preferably in the metropolitan region of Quebec, Saguenay, Montreal, Sherbrooke or Baie-Comeau.
- Perform the preliminary or detailed design of heavy mechanical equipment or other special projects
- Perform calculations and selection of heavy mechanical system components
- Perform project management
- Participate in meetings with stakeholders from different disciplines internally and externally
- Participate in the preparation of plans and specifications specific to the client's requirements for tendering purposes
- Carry out feasibility studies and various studies
- Perform detailed inspections and field surveys
- Provide technical assistance during the realization of projects
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec (OIQ)
- More than 3 years of experience in heavy mechanical design in detail engineering
- Knowledge of the hydropower and dams sectors is an asset
- Interest and experience with 3D design and finite element analysis software (Catia, SolidWorks, Inventor, SAFI, ANSIS, ADA, etc.)
- Fluency in oral and written French
- Working proficiency in oral and written English in a professional context to ensure communications on certain projects nationwide
- Available for travel outside the office on an ad hoc basis
Ethics and integrity are fundamental values at CIMA+, and we are looking for people who uphold these principles. We are committed to creating opportunities for all our talents to contribute to the firm’s success, develop and grow, regardless of cultural or other differences. We fully endorse employment equity principles and encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and individuals with disabilities to apply for any position offered at CIMA+. Adaptation measures are provided upon request to facilitate participation in the recruitment process.
Contact Ven Thambithurai