Building Maintenance Technician III
BGIS is a leading provider of customized facility management and real estate services. With our combined team of over 6, 500 globally, we relentlessly focus on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively looking for new opportunities that will enable innovation for our clients’ businesses. Globally, we manage over 320 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia.
Further information is available at www.bgis.com
The Technician III is responsible for operating the facility including, but not limited to mechanical other supporting systems; performing structured inspections, preventative and corrective maintenance, routine and on-demand services on facility mechanical equipment and other systems. The Technician III is also responsible for performing work in accordance with established processes and practices and for complying with internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, fire protection.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides observations about facility, facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems conditions and deficiencies and provides suggestions for enhancement and repair.
- Performs work in accordance to established processes and practices.
- Complies with all internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, fire protection.
- Performs regular facility, mechanical and other equipment and systems monitoring inspections, preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure facility uptime objectives are met, uninterrupted client operation and asset integrity of assigned facility are maintained.
- Responds to routine and on-demand service requests and performs preventative and corrective maintenance on facility mechanical equipment and other systems.
- Monitors assigned facility by conducting facility walkthroughs for mechanical, electrical and other equipment system monitoring and inspection.
- Operates facility mechanical and other systems
- Manages work order life cycle progressing the work form dispatched through to completion and records resolution data within service maintenance management database. Ensures work completed meets quality, contract response and all other requirements
- Assists in the implementation of preventative maintenance (PM) program. Ensures that deficiencies are identified, recorded and escalated, and that related documents are maintained.
- Assists in enhancing tenant and customer satisfaction and maintaining positive relations through manner in which work is performed and services delivered.
- Participates in and assists with facility-related projects.
- Ensures the manner in which work is performed is in compliance with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, fire protection and any other applicable requirements.
- Maintains all assigned tools and arranges for repair and replacement where required
- Submits all expenditures on a timely basis.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- High school diploma plus trades training and/or certification or licensing.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience providing preventive and corrective maintenance on heating ventilation and air conditions systems, or pneumatic or hydraulic systems.
- Sound knowledge of processes and practices relating to facility operations and maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to maintain, troubleshoot and repair (as per applicable qualifications) mechanical and other building systems and equipment
- Possesses a strong environmental, health, and safety mindset.
- Strong client-service orientation along with a high sense of urgency
- Knowledge and understanding of Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Effective communication skills for the purpose of data relay, exchange, feedback, and clarification
- Mentoring skills required to support lower level technician’s development
- Must be able and willing to work shifts, be available for on-call/standby and emergency call-outs as they arise
- Must strictly adhere to Health and Safety policies including wearing required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must be capable of obtaining appropriate security clearance
- Knowledge and understanding of HVAC Systems
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation (one of the following bullet points)
- Power Engineer Certification, or willing to obtain certification upon hire
- Building Operator Certification or equivalent through an accredited institution required
At BGIS we believe that diversity and inclusion is a key business driver, such that we never lose sight of its importance as it is woven into the fabric of our organization. We are committed to maintaining a barrier-free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retention of individuals of all backgrounds. We recognize that promoting diversity is an essential component of our continuing pursuit for organizational success!