Mechanical Engineer – Thermal Power Systems
Job available in these locations:
Mont-Saint-Hilaire, QC, Canada
Quebec City, QC, Canada
Montreal, QC, Canada
'Abitibi, QC, Canada
Type of position: Regular
Your future role on our team
You’ll be part of our mechanical team specialized in energy transition. You’ll be exposed to various situations to develop your technical skills with mechanical and ancillary equipment (cooling and heating systems, fuel, compressed air and ventilation). You’ll contribute to projects in the Arctic and internationally for various critical energy applications. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in energy efficiency studies and to support our clients in implementing solutions. You’ll play a primarily technical and project management role in the mandates assigned to you. You’ll help our clients optimize their operations and support them in the ongoing energy transition.
With us, you’ll get the opportunity to...
- Prepare plans and specifications from guidelines for mechanical mandates.
- Design heat recovery systems (HVAC, power systems – cooling and heating loops) and approve associated engineering documents.
- Perform calculations (pressure loss, pumping, energy balance, air balance, etc.).
- Perform technical information statements.
- Manage the technical portions of projects (design reviews, costs, schedules).
- Prepare, draft and produce study reports.
Do your qualities and values match our corporate culture?
- Constantly seeking sustainable and agile solutions
- Willingness to transform the world for the better
- Caring mindset that puts people first
- Thirst to learn and excel
- Ability to share and pass on knowledge
- Interest in solving the most complex challenges
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Overview of certifications and job requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- From three to eight years of relevant experience in the following areas: energy efficiency, heat recovery, thermal power systems, cooling systems and HVAC
- Bilingual (English and French), both spoken and written, and ability to draft technical documents in both these languages
- Available for short-term work assignments at client sites in Québec and across Canada
- Asset: ASP Construction card
With us, you’ll get many benefits
- A flexible schedule that allows you to work at the office and from home
- A caring environment where everyone’s ideas are listened to and where there’s no sense of hierarchy
- Access to many experts and coaching
- Custom training and development plans
- Opportunity for site work: an amazing career accelerator!
- A vibrant social club with something for everyone
For over 40 years, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of engineering to serve our clients in the Energy and Natural Resources sector. At BBA, we develop innovative, flexible and sustainable solutions, from strategy to execution.
BBA is one of Canada’s leading private consulting engineering firms, focused on practice (PCB), with a network of 15 offices. Our teams work closely to deliver projects that shape tomorrow’s industry at the local, national and international levels.
We have unique talents, and we’re committed to providing a workplace where you can be yourself. Job postings are written in gender-neutral language.
Learn more about us by visiting our LinkedIn page and join the networks of our talent attraction specialists to speak with them directly.
Fostering ingenuity to better value nature.