Internship in Electrical Engineering - Winter 2024
Type of position: Trainee
To better support project and client development in Sept-Îles area, you’ll work in our multidisciplinary office, which has been operating there for over 12 years, and will be part of a team of professionals committed to the success of our mandates. We’ll offer you a stimulating and friendly environment where you’ll be entrusted with mandates that will push you to excel, both at the office and on site. You’ll develop your skills and deepen your knowledge of industrial operational realities while benefiting from BBA's network of recognized experts who’ll support you in carrying out your mandates and in your career development.
The existing team, which works closely with our offices in the greater Montréal area, Québec City and Vancouver, is actively involved in developing the region and in carrying out various projects in the mining and metals, and energy sectors.
Additionally, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the quality of professional services and maintaining positive client relationships.
You will be expected to:
- Carry out site surveys.
- Help commission electrical equipment.
- Design and read diagrams and drawings.
- Help with detailed engineering projects.
- Draft technical documents, calculation notes, specifications and study reports.
- Apply and improve established work methods.
- Participate in project management (execution, costs, schedules).
- Participate in coordination meetings either internally or with clients.
- Apply the firm’s health and safety policy and take the necessary preventive or corrective measures to perform the work safely; become familiar with the firm’s prevention program; and apply specific job directives.
- Demonstrate rigour in executing your work and constantly seek to exceed the objectives set
- Maintain an inclusive work environment and value everyone’s contributions
- Be trustworthy and respect BBA's ethics and values
- Demonstrate autonomy in managing relationships with clients, colleagues and partners
- Inspire other’s trust and create a positive environment conducive to teamwork
- Be proactive and showcase your skills to your peers, internal clients (i.e., project leaders, project managers) and external BBA clients
- Have strong listening, synthesis and writing skills
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and innovation in providing solutions
- Demonstrate commitment to health and safety
- Bachelor’s degree student in electrical engineering (3rd or 4th year)
- Knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Outlook, MS Project, Excel)
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written
- Asset: knowledge of ETAP, EMTP-RV, Cyme and PSAF software
- Asset: ability to draft technical documents in French and to speak it at an intermediate level
- Asset: knowledge of power systems (HV, MV, LV)
For over 40 years, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of engineering to serve our clients in the Energy and Natural Resources sector. At BBA, we develop innovative, flexible and sustainable solutions, from strategy to execution.
BBA is one of Canada’s leading private consulting engineering firms, focused on practice (PCB), with a network of 15 offices. Our teams work closely to deliver projects that shape tomorrow’s industry at the local, national and international levels.
We have unique talents, and we’re committed to providing a workplace where you can be yourself. Job postings are written in gender-neutral language.
Learn more about us by visiting our LinkedIn page and join the networks of our talent attraction specialists to speak with them directly.
Fostering ingenuity to better value nature.