Electrical Engineer - Intermediate
Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Job title: Electrical Engineer - Intermediate (Assignment to Labrador City)
Type of position:Regular
Work location:Labrador City
Your future role on our team
By joining our team in Labrador City, you will be asked to contribute to the various stages of project execution, from proposals to site supervision and the commissioning of electrical facilities, including participating in analyses of industrial electrical systems, detailed engineering and site surveys. Among other tasks, you will be expected to apply established calculation and design methods when preparing plans, lists of materials, lists of cables, technical specifications and estimates. You will also be expected to lead a team of engineers and technicians, ensure the quality of professional service and maintain positive client relations in the region.
With us, you’ll get the opportunity to...
- Be responsible for business relations and the quality of professional services
- Participate in preparing and managing proposals
- Lead and carry out electrical engineering projects for industrial clients
- Develop and implement work methods
- Be responsible for preparing, drafting and producing study reports
- Be responsible for designing power systems and giving final approval for associated engineering documents
Do your qualities and values match our corporate culture?
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong commitment to health and safety
- Thirst to learn and excel
- Inspirational leadership
- Rigour and ethical
Overview of certifications and job requirements
- Bachelor in Electrical Engineering
- Member in good standing of the OIQ and/or PEGNL
- At least 5 to 12 years of relevant experience in power systems and MV and HV equipment
- Extensive knowledge of electrical installation safety
- In-depth knowledge of MV and HV equipment and apparatus
- Intermediate knowledge of test equipment
- Intermediate knowledge of work safety and site supervision
- Basic knowledge of power flow and short-circuit studies, protection coordination and arc flash hazard analyses
- Knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Outlook, MS Project, Excel)
- Knowledge of ETAP, EMTP-RV, Cyme and PSAF software
- Asset: Bilingual (English and French) verbal and written
- Ability to draft technical documents in both English and French
At BBA, you get many benefits
- Interesting growth opportunities to match your ambitions
- Participation in innovation projects
- Custom training and development plans
- Access to a leadership program
- Flexible schedule that combines office presence and telecommuting
- Generous pension and insurance plan
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.
Fostering ingenuity to better value nature.