Energy Solutions Advisor
Energy Solutions Advisor (Inbound calls)
We come to work every day to make the world a better place.
We embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or whom you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
Our core values are Integrity, Innovation, and Partnership.
EfficiencyOne is a leading efficiency enterprise. We work with a number of outstanding partners to supply cost-effective energy efficiency and carbon mitigation services in Nova Scotia and beyond.
We transform the way people use energy. Together, we help people achieve their energy goals, save money, conserve resources, improve well-being, and combat climate change.
Investing in energy efficiency comes with many benefits—lower heating bills, more comfortable spaces, new jobs in your community, and a smaller overall carbon footprint.
To date, our work has achieved over $4 billion in energy savings and contributed to 22% of Nova Scotia’s GHG emission reductions. If there’s a better way to improve energy efficiency, we’ll find it. Find out more about how we are making an impact here: https://www.efficiencyone.ca/impact/
Why you’ll love working here:
- A culture that understands there is life outside of work and cares about their employees.
- An engaging, fun, and inclusive work environment
- An awesome benefits package that starts on day one and a competitive salary
- Wellness initiatives and fitness challenges hosted throughout the year.
- Corporate gym memberships
- Career growth and professional development opportunities
- Being part of a team and contributing to Nova Scotia’s goal of 2050 net-zero carbon
Do you want to be part of an organization that has an ambitious plan to support the transition to net zero by 2050, and help to build a thriving, resilient future for Nova Scotians - then you belong here!
The Energy Solutions Advisor (Inbound calls) is typically the first point of contact for many of our customers interested in our programs. Our advisors provide friendly service by listening to our clients to assess their needs and provide assistance. Energy Solutions Advisors have an emphasis on program and product knowledge, provide information on product features and are familiar with related items in order to sell an entire suite of solutions. Advisors in this position know how to find, inquire, respect, solve and thank every customer and are focused on customer service and finding and solving customer needs.
- Responsible to be the first point of contact for our clients; responsible for the delivery of exceptional customer service; answering incoming calls.
- Responsible for responding efficiently and accurately to callers, explaining possible solutions, and ensuring that clients feel supported and valued.
- Responsible to engage in active listening with callers, ask discovery questions, confirming or clarifying information. Advise customers on which programs would work best for their needs.
- Responsible to maintain up-to-date knowledge of all Efficiency Nova Scotia programs as well as interpret and explain them to the public.
- Responsible for taking part in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company and position.
- Responsible for thorough documentation of customer interactions within Salesforce system.
- Responsible to participate at times as company representative at home shows or education forms.
What Will Help You Succeed?
- A Community College or University diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Experience in a call center would be considered an asset.
- Experience with and proficiency with all MS Office applications (including Teams)
- The ideal candidate should have excellent customer service skills, with an empathetic & helpful nature as well as be diplomatic, tactful, and flexible. Proficient in active listening, quickly establishing rapport with clients, explaining concepts in simple, understandable terms, diffusing frustration, and resolving conflict.
- The ideal candidate should have the ability to prioritize deliverables and work independently or within a team.
What to expect in your first several weeks on the job:
In the first week, expect to:
- Meet with the team
- Learn about the organizational history of Efficiency Nova Scotia
- Receive an orientation of duties performed by Energy Solutions Advisors
- Begin to gain familiarity with the Efficiency Nova Scotia programs/services website pages.
- Be introduced to the tools and resources used to perform the ESA duties.
- Begin a review of the standard operating procedures of Energy Solutions Advisors
In the first month, expect to:
- Increase depth of understanding of programs and services offered by Efficiency Nova Scotia
- Proceed through a supported progression of responding to customer emails, and voicemails, and then taking Live client calls
- Become familiar with the tools, techniques, and processes of handling different types of client interactions and the various channels we receive them
- Gain confidence in knowing where to look for answers needed to address client inquiries
In the first three months, expect to:
- Increase comfort and confidence on phone and in interactions with clients to offer deeper energy savings potential
- Deepen understanding of building science principles to be able to offer friendly expert advice
- Deepen understanding of business energy savings programs and be able to offer unaided advice for simple to moderate-level inquiries
- Become more familiar with the organizational structure, programs, departments, and the people within them and their functions and roles
- Gain expert level knowledge of the tools, techniques, and processes of the Energy Solutions Advisor role.
If you do not have all the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Work with us. Make your friends green with envy