Project Manager - Building Performance
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
JLL’s Project & Development Services (“PDS”) group is seeking a Project Manager - Building Performance preferably based in Vancouver area to lead Net Zero Carbon assessments across Canada.
Interacting directly with clients and relying upon her/his experience, the selected candidate will be fully accountable to successfully provide strategic advice, planning, monitoring, and verification of NZC building solutions.
What this job involves :
- Conduct Carbon Zero assessments, energy audits, and retro-commissioning projects
- Develop portfolio and asset level Net Zero Carbon strategies
- Lead the development, evaluation, and implementation of energy efficiency projects
- Review HVAC and BAS systems, and identify low- and no- cost energy saving measures
- Experience with deep energy retrofits or net zero carbon roadmaps
- Experience with developing sustainability strategies an asset
- Summarize findings into clear and professional reports
- Present findings and recommendations to clients
- Travel to sites to perform audits, including across Canada and occasionally to the U.S.
- Consistently demonstrate subject matter expertise on energy performance optimization, water efficiency, policies and programs, and sustainability in the built environment.
- Demonstrate high energy for the business, ability to energize others, and the willingness to take risks and make tough decisions.
- Maintain, develop, source, and cultivate client relationships and manage conflict resolution
- Lead the development, evaluation, and implementation of energy efficiency and environmentally responsible projects of all types.
- Demonstrate a proactive focus on meeting client and project requirements in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Cultivating new and existing business relationships.
- Collaborating with JLL peers, partners, the CaGBC, and clients.
- Fostering an ethical environment of accountability, excellence, inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation.
- Strategically networking and positioning JLL as a leader in sustainability and NZC services.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be:
- 5+ years of related experience in conducting Energy Audits, Retro-Commissioning, Net Zero Carbon Audits and Roadmaps
- Engineering, Building Sciences, Architecture, or similarly applicable degree.
- Working knowledge RETScreen an asset
- P.Eng and/or C.E.M. are required
- Certifications/licenses (e.g. ASHRAE BEMP, LEED AP, WELL AP) are an asset.
- Interpersonal, articulate, responsive, and highly organized.
Hybrid –Vancouver, BCIf this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
We’re here to create rewarding opportunities and amazing spaces around the globe where people can achieve their ambitions. In doing so, we are buildin...