Bi-lingual Cape Breton Engagement Officer
- Deliver the GSNS pre-made French and English presentations and activities about energy, energy efficiency, and green sector opportunities for the school year to schools. This may also include travel outside of this area to conduct in-person engagements in classrooms and community events for various ages including adults.
- Deliver the GSNS program in French and English virtually through Google Meet to classrooms and community groups province-wide.
- Actively engage with and communicate program offerings, goals, and resources to administrators, teachers, and community members.
- Follow company standards for personal safety. Conduct your day in a safe manner including but not limited to using safe driving practices when on the road, properly lifting heavy objects, and following safe practices while in schools to protect yourself and others from harm.
- Participate in daily check-ins, meetings, and training as required.
- Share weekly highlights to be used in program marketing, including photographs, stories, and student quotes.
- Seize all relevant opportunities to build, support, and create excitement for the program.
- Plan travel and expenses to meet budgeted program delivery. Maintain accurate work time and expense records and submit receipts in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in the Green Schools NS database.
- Proper handling, accountability, and maintenance of company equipment including but not limited to computers, projectors, and glass items.
- Collaborate with and support teammates.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with teammates, program coordinator, and management team following the outlined communication structure.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong French and English conversational, written and comprehension skills
- Experience working with children and youth (elementary, junior, and/or senior high school students) in a school setting and/or programming capacity
- Public speaking and facilitation skills
- Experience or willingness to learn Google Workspace including Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Meet, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and other apps
- Self-motivated, ability to adapt, work independently, and as part of a team
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to take initiative, manage time, prioritize, organize, and plan
- Experience considered an asset for this position:
- Delivering youth programs with an environmental focus
- Working with Mi’kmaw communities
- Knowledge of energy issues and energy efficiency
- Experience working in a cross-cultural and diverse environment
- Knowledge of the Nova Scotia school system and/or curriculum outcomes and lesson plan development
- Expertise in environmental science
Creating Change through choice