Competition # 20436-2023
At NB Power, we work hard every day to provide reliable, safe, and sustainable energy for more than 400,000 customers. Why? Because we’re New Brunswickers too. Our more than 2,600 employees are focused on constantly improving our customers’ experience while delivering innovative energy solutions to New Brunswickers in their homes, businesses and communities. Join us in being part of building a sustainable energy future for New Brunswick.
Working with a team of NB Power engineering and scientific professionals in the Advanced Reactor Development group, with a focus in the development of Generation IV Small Modular Reactor (SMR) technologies, NB Power Nuclear is building a pool of candidates with unique and specialized engineering education, experience, skills and knowledge in the following area:
We are seeking applicants with the following education, training, and qualifications
- Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Engineering, or Bachelor of Applied Science
- Civil/Structural Discipline
- Registration, or eligibility for Registration, as a Professional Engineer in the province of New Brunswick
Please submit your cover letter and résumé highlighting
- Minimum six (6) years of work-related experience following graduation
- Your field experience in an electrical utility or other heavy industrial setting, or nuclear facility
- Any areas of specialized expertise you have, such as:
- civil/structural design of concrete and steel structures
- design and drawing review (concept, preliminary, detailed)
- loading analysis
- radiation shielding/barriers
- containment structures
- specification, technical requirement, and scope of work development
- Familiarity with and knowledge of relevant codes and standards, such as:
- National Building Code of Canada
- CSA A23.3 – Design of Concrete Structures
- CSA S16 – Design of Steel Structures
- CSA N291 – Requirements for Nuclear Safety-Related Structures
- CSA N287.4 – Construction, Fabrication, and Installation Requirements for Concrete Containment Structures for Nuclear Power Plants
- Your status or eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer in the province of New Brunswick
An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be modified.
Due to security requirements at Canadian Nuclear facilities, the successful candidate will require a security clearance including verification of background information, references, a Criminal Record Name Check and a Canadian Security Intelligence Service security recommendation.
An Eligibility List generated from this competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level within a period of up to 12 months.
Please ensure a resume and a copy of your degree/diploma/certificate are attached to your online application. NB Power will accept foreign credentials as long as they are considered acceptable by a recognized Canadian educational institution. Candidates with foreign education credentials are required to provide proof of Canadian equivalency. Any applicable fees are the responsibility of the candidate. For more information, you may refer to the Canadian Information Centre of International Credentials at Canadian Information Centre of International Credentials
To be considered for this employment opportunity you must be eligible to work in Canada.
For questions concerning this job opening please contact Gary Doull at email@example.com.
NB Power is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity
Please note that only applications submitted through the NB Power website will be considered, as the showing of our postings on various websites may not have been requested or approved.