Energy Efficiency Navigator
About the Employer:
Thinkwell Shift is a behavior change company that specializes in resource conservation. We create strategies that encourage people to make lasting changes in their daily lives to conserve resources such as water, energy, and waste. To facilitate behavior change, we connect with customers using various strategies to guide their path. Thinkwell Shift is looking for customer service-orientated individuals who are looking for a challenge, and a great learning opportunity.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Energy Efficiency Navigator to join our team in Dartmouth. As an Energy Efficiency Navigator, you will play a crucial role in assisting property owners across Atlantic Canada to retrofit their homes and businesses. You will drive the successful implementation of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects by providing advice and assistance to our customers. If you are passionate about reducing emissions, improving energy efficiency, and building new programs, this could be the opportunity for you.
- Customer Service:Provide excellent customer service to customers, meeting all customer service standards laid out by Thinkwell Shift and our clients.
- Customer Consultations: Communicate and collaborate with property owners to understand energy assessments, identify and promote opportunities for energy efficiency and on-site renewable energy improvements, and calculate emission reductions.
- Retrofit Planning: Develop retrofit plans for each customer, outlining specific products to achieve a reduction in operating costs and greenhouse gas emissions. This includes recommending efficient heating solutions, insulation upgrades, and renewable energy systems.
- Government Program Support: Stay up-to-date with regional and national energy efficiency programs and incentives. Assist customers in navigating and accessing available grants, rebates, and financing supports to facilitate retrofit projects.
- Contractor Coordination: Facilitate the connection between our customers and certified contractors, ensuring the implementation of recommended energy efficiency measures is carried out effectively and in compliance with industry standards.
- Data Collection and Reporting: Maintain accurate records of retrofit projects, documenting estimated and actual energy savings and emission reductions. Generate regular reports for stakeholders and contribute to program evaluation.
- Team Collaboration and Supervision:Must be able to work well with a team and collaborate on all aspects of the project while building a team.
- Task Management: Must be able to maintain multiple project workflows in a fast-paced environment by managing key tasks and deliverables.
- Provide advice and expertise:Work with other teams across the organization to identify new partnerships and opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree, diploma or equivalent experience in energy systems, sustainability, engineering, environmental science, business, or a related field.
- Knowledge of common energy efficiency measures and sustainable building practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to engage effectively with property owners, contractors, and team members.
- Familiarity with local and provincial energy efficiency policies, building codes, programs, and incentives.
- Familiarity with building science fundamentals is an asset.
- Ability to analyze data and track project outcomes.
- Driver’s license and clean background check.
The performance criteria shall include factors related to the tasks set out in the position description, annual major objectives, and special assignments. Work output will be measured in outcomes and positive results.
- Delivering Results
- Building Rapport
- Client/Customer Awareness
- Interpersonal Relations
- Listening Skills
- Organizing/Planning ability
- Personal Work Ethic
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Team Working Skills
Creating Change through choice