Position: Program Manager/Coordinator
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Summerhill is a Canadian-owned and operated Energy Services Company that has been a leader in energy efficiency and conservation since 1993. We specialize in designing and implementing energy efficiency programs that are guided by a client-centric approach – this ensures we always provide robust program designs that deliver unsurpassed customer engagement and world-class program management.
Our company is based in Toronto, Ontario, with offices across Canada. We are proud to be a certified B-Corp, as well as being named one of Canada’s Best Workplaces.
Summerhill seeks a Program Manager/ Program Coordinator to provide on-site support and leadership for their respective project(s). The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring cohesive and consistent project delivery and effective coordination with local subcontractors within established quality standards.
The successful candidate would support the program that deals with implementing a demand response program for a local energy utility and managing local subcontractors for the successful installation of smart devices in residential buildings. The program aims to achieve considerable energy savings within the Yukon Territory over the heating seasons starting this winter 2023 with the aim of having at least 400+ households enrolled in the program to achieve the target savings.
An ideal candidate will be agile and demonstrate the ability to multitask, have great attention to detail, and positively contribute to the greater team.
- Support the day-to-day activities of their Manager.
- Works according to an established project plan and can prioritize tasks based on required deadlines.
- Works to ensure minimal organizational exposure and risk on the project(s).
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Ensures project learnings and outcomes are captured and reported for future reference.
- Effectively conveys the corporate message in written and verbal business development discussions.
- Facilitates interpersonal communication effectively.
- Keeps Manager well informed of the status of all deliverables.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Tracks lessons learned over the course of a project and shares those lessons with team members as part of the project close-out process.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in a relevant field, including energy/resource management, marketing, etc.
- Experience and strong interest in energy efficiency or environmental programs
- Demonstrates knowledge of energy efficiency and familiarity with relevant provincial residential and commercial incentive programs.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively support multiple projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively work cross-functionally, source information, obtain approvals, build relationships, and provide sufficient influence to achieve success.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Access to a vehicle to conduct store visits, compliance checks and delivery of materials for training.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Connect and Google Applications with an aptitude to learn internal software and other relevant applications.
If you are an experienced Program Manager/Program Coordinator, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Summerhill welcomes and encourages applications from people from equity-deserving groups, including Racialized, Black and or People of Colour, People with disabilities, Indigenous Peoples, 2SLGBTQ+ and/or gender or sexually diverse individuals. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Summerhill is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept on file for future opportunities.