Programming Advisor (BILINGUAL)
For 20 years, CAGBC has led the movement for high-performing, green buildings. We believe that by transforming the built environment, we can create a more sustainable future and communities where people can thrive in resilient, healthy buildings and homes.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT CAGBC
At CAGBC, we ask a lot of our employees, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, benefits and registered pension plan, we’ll provide the following:
- Location: On the days you're in the office, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible central locations in Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver.
- Offices: Work in a state-of-the-art, LEED-certified Gold office building in downtown Ottawa or Vancouver.
- Generous PAID TIME-OFF: Because we value work/life balance.
- Networking: you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry that is building our way forward!
As a key member of the Market Engagement Team, the Programming Advisor will contribute to the strategic and go-to-market direction of an integrated portfolio of member engagement initiatives, learning offerings and events, including CAGBC’s annual signature conference, Building Lasting Change. You are an energetic, creative and dynamic individual who can leverage your existing skills to help grow the impact of CAGBC’s market engagement efforts with member audiences and prospective users of its learning offeringsin alignment with broader departmental and corporate strategies.
Leading a group of self-motivated and highly skilled individuals, the Programming Advisor will guide the creation and implementation of programming from initial concept through execution, monitoring and evaluation. This role involves working collaboratively with the entire Market Engagement Team, other departments and levels within the organization as well as with external subject matter experts.
Programming Content Development
- Lead the on-going development and delivery of compelling content for CAGBC events, webinars, podcasts and other programming as identified.
- Collaborate with various CAGBC departments and coordinate with internal and external subject matter experts to identify key themes, topics and initiatives to create engaging and relevant content for CAGBC audiences.
- Assemble, manage, and lead programming (content) committees.
Event and Conference Delivery
· Create compelling event delivery strategies to capture audience attention and participation while delivering first class programming.
· Supervise and provide overall guidance to event and service delivery coordinators and external event delivery consultants with all aspects of logistics delivery including participating in the RFP process for vendor selection and contracting.
· Create and maintain a fluid and dynamic delivery strategy and schedule in alignment with CAGBC’s strategic plan.
· Assist in creating innovative sponsorship offerings and oversee the execution of sponsor deliverables.
Learning and Development Delivery
· Oversee the CAGBC Learning and Development go-to-market strategy.
· Work with learning and development staff to identify new ways to deliver on-demand, workshop and in-person learning content to users and to attract prospective clients for CAGBC’s private Learning Services offerings.
· Work with the Learning and Development Coordinator to support the implementation of CAGBC’s learning roadmap and the production of on-demand and other learning assets.
· Work with the Corporate Communications and Marketing team to develop and deliver promotional campaigns that drive awareness and impact.
· Monitor programming, event and learning budgets, conduct after-event reviews and produce monthly and quarterly KPI reports.
· Oversee the Market Engagement team library of Standard Operating Practices and Procedures for events and programming to ensure they are up to date with best practices and relevant information.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned by your supervisor.
NOTE: This job description highlights the general nature and level of the assignments required by this position. This is not a completely exhaustive list of duties; additional related duties may be assigned.
- Strong event strategy skills (in-person, hybrid and online deliveries) and demonstrated success in bringing programs and initiatives to market. A marketing background is a definite asset.
- Ability to conduct market research and assess the needs of multiple audience segments
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to support timely workflows, including the ability to multi-task and manage numerous concurrent projects and conflicting priorities while ensuring a high quality of execution and performance.
- Polished communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Teams, PowerPoint, Zoom and other online delivery platforms including translation software. Prior experience with CRM systems is beneficial.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
· Strategic thinker and agile problem solver who is able to work with a diverse group of stakeholders, anticipating needs and issues in advance.
· Good judgement and relationship-building skills and fully capable of working in a team-oriented, hybrid or remote environment.
· Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work.
· Capacity to complete tasks in a self-directed manner.
· Embraces continuous improvement and a perpetual learning path.
· Familiarity with green building programs and/or industry, an interest in and commitment to the environment and climate action.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Undergraduate degree or Post-secondary Diploma (3 year) in a related area.
· Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience, including experience leading teams; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience in the commercial building industry preferred (Real Estate, Construction, Consultancy, Manufacturing, Engineering, Architecture).
HOW TO APPLY:
Please provide a resume indicating how your skills make you a viable candidate for this role, and include your salary expectation.
As an equal opportunity employer, CAGBC values diversity and is committed to the principles of the provincial human rights codes.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Do you have familiarity and/or knowledge about the green building industry?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Content Creation: 4 years (required)
- Conference Content Delivery: 4 years (required)
- Learning and Development: 3 years (preferred)
- Event Strategy: 3 years (required)
- fluent French and English (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC
Take your place in the green building revolution.