Analyst, Consumer Policy & Compliance
This Department is responsible for developing policy through changes to codes and rules that support he OEB’s strategic goals, assessing regulated companies’ compliance with regulatory requirements with a focus on residential and small business consumer protection, including addressing complaints, liaising with regulated industry to identify areas of concern, and developing appropriate policy responses.
Under the direction of the Manager, the Analyst will gather and analyze material related to disputes between low-volume consumers and regulated entities and assess whether the regulated entity has complied with its legal and regulatory obligations. This position will provide in-depth analysis of information and provide support on policy development and work processes in the department.
Recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2023, we are Ontario’s independent regulator of the electricity and natural gas sectors. We are compelled by our desire to become a globally recognized top-tier regulatory agency. We are passionate about the environment and motivated by our want to enable innovation within the energy sector. We are committed to the economic and social development of Ontario and work every single day to deliver public value to Ontarians. We are a diverse, driven, transparent and thoughtful team, and are accountable to each other, the sector, and the customers we serve.
- Identify and analyze impacts of relevant issues and provide solutions, and recommendations based on analytic findings and nature of the issues
- Identify legal and/or regulatory obligation to which the non-compliance pertains
- Determine whether licensee or regulated entity has complied with its obligations
- Communicate with consumer and licensee or regulated entity to ensure all parties are advised of the dispute
- Provide guidance to regulated entities based on documented OEB staff views in response to enquiries
- Assist in developing communication material including briefing notes and case summaries
- Participate individually or in teams to monitor developments and trends in the energy sector as assigned
- Conduct research and jurisdictional reviews as assigned
- Assist in the development of policy initiatives including development of discussion papers and reports
- University degree in Business Administration, Public Policy/Administration, Political Science, or related discipline
- 3 years’ experience working in a regulatory industry including reviewing and assessing regulated entity compliance and analyzing data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Previous experience with data analytical solutions and tools such as SQL, VBA, Oracle BI, or related applications are assets