Chief Financial Officer
Based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, EfficiencyOne is a leading energy efficiency enterprise working to supply cost-effective energy efficiency and carbon mitigation services in Nova Scotia and beyond. Ranked as Canada’s top performer for energy efficiency programs, and a multi-year winner of Canada's greenest employers and one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers, EfficiencyOne is helping build a better world through efficiency. To date, EfficiencyOne has achieved more than $4 billion in energy savings, including over $400 million for low-income homeowners and renters, and contributed 22% of Nova Scotia’s GHG emission reductions helping people achieve their energy goals, save money, conserve resources, improve wellbeing, and combat climate change.
EfficiencyOne is looking for their first Chief Financial Officer to join the executive team as it manages the rapid growth of funding and programming. Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, this is your chance to ensure financial controls, reporting, planning and investing are rock solid. This strategic leadership role will develop EfficiencyOne to be even more adaptable, innovative and resilient overall, as they continue to be the trusted partner for funders and partners.
As the Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring effective operations of the finance department including leadership of ~10 staff.
- Bringing transformation and best practices in controls and financial structure to support current functions and future growth.
- Working closely with the CEO and the board on strategic planning and work planning across the organization for the evaluation of new programs, business lines and partnerships.
- Overseeing the investment portfolio strategy for funds held by the organization and its subsidiaries, ensuring detailed reporting to regulators and funder
- Managing year-end audit process and working with external auditors to prepare annual financial statements for stakeholders.
As the ideal candidate, you-
- Are a CPA known for being future-oriented, bringing a track record of success building strong relationships internally as well as with the board, government, partners and service providers.
- Bring an understanding of deal making to find a win for different groups with different motivation Some experience with public policy considered an asset.
- Are highly resilient and know how to go with the flow; an energetic leader known for influencing change and culture-building across an organization.
- Possess an appreciation for the mandate of energy efficiency in support of protecting our climate and supporting the most vulnerable. You are passionate about bringing change to impact local communities and your neighbors for a better future.
The principles of equal opportunity employment will be upheld throughout this process. KBRS will also provide support in the recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodation in order to participate as a candidate in the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Work with us. Make your friends green with envy