Registered Energy Advisor
About the job
Are you ready for a well-paid career where you can be your own boss and enjoy the flexibility of choosing when, where, and how much you earn? A career where you can support the global transition to a net-zero emissions future and build a transferable skill set for the growing clean energy sector?
EcoLogic Energy Advisors, a Natural Resources Canada licensed service organization, is looking for professional, reliable, organized and detailed-oriented individuals to train to become full-time Registered Energy Advisors across Ontario.
We value honesty, integrity, quality work, exceptional client experiences and making a positive and lasting impact on the world by supporting the transition to a net-zero emissions future.
Our rigorous training program is designed to give you the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the industry. With our experienced team of professionals, you'll receive the guidance and support necessary to excel as an Energy Advisor.
As an Energy Advisor you’ll provide expert advice to homeowners to help them make informed decisions about making energy efficiency retrofits to their homes. Working as an independent contractor, you can make $75,000 - $100,000+ per year (pay per evaluation).
For the right candidates, EcoLogic Energy Advisors will provide comprehensive training to help you prepare to become a Registered Energy Advisor and oversee your probationary energy audits, which are required to become registered.
Once registered, EcoLogic Energy Advisors will provide ongoing support to help you thrive as an independent contractor by providing leads and marketing support, ongoing training and technical support, quality assurance reviews (as required by Natural Resources Canada), virtual office support (scheduling appointments, responding to client scheduling inquiries, invoicing clients) and operating a modern scheduling and management system to help you stay organized and provide exceptional client experiences.
- Perform EnerGuide Rating System home energy audits, including all required data collection, geometry calculations, modelling HOT2000 energy simulations and generating accurate and time sensitive energy audit reports on time and according to established procedures.
- Educate homeowners on energy consumption in their home and energy efficiency upgrades they can implement to help improve home efficiency, comfort, and environmental performance.
- Manage client relationships and inquiries, including educating homeowners on rebates and loans available through federal, provincial and local programs.
- Manage your own marketing and sales, including building long-term relationships, with support from EcoLogic Energy Advisors.
- Upload home energy audits and supporting documents and photos to central system.
Experience & Requirements
- Professional, reliable, organized and detailed-oriented individual able to work independently.
- Possess high standards, strong time-management skills, integrity and the ability to deliver high-quality and time sensitive energy audit reports on time and according to established procedures.
- Willing to constantly learn and develop and put in the effort required to succeed.
- Professional and friendly with good client service and sales skills.
- Strong English oral and written communication skills to be able to educate homeowners on energy audit reports and rebate and loan program requirements.
- Good problem-solving skills, including critical thinking and analysis.
- Strong memorization skills and meticulous attention-to-detail.
- Math (geometry) skills.
- Adaptable and capable of working in various weather conditions.
- Able to do physically active work such as carry equipment, climb ladders and access crawl spaces.
- Able to travel regularly to different job sites within your region.
- Good computer skills with the ability and willingness to learn new software programs, including HOT2000 and Sketchup.
- Reliable transportation with valid driver’s license, a good driving record and insurance.
- Own blower door and equipment, cell phone, printer and computer with Windows operating system.
- Willing to undergo a criminal background check (required to become a Registered Energy Advisor).
- Have passed the Natural Resources Canada Foundation Level Exam.
Nice To Have But Not Required
- Engineering, or similar, educational and / or work background.
- Have passed the Natural Resources Canada Energy Advisor Exam.
- Knowledge of residential building science and / or building materials and home construction (“House as a System” Approach, Air Barriers, Insulation, Windows, etc.).
- Familiarity with energy efficiency and green building principles.
- Knowledge of federal and Ontario residential energy efficiency rebate and loan programs.
Why EcoLogic Energy Advisors?
- We value honesty, integrity, quality work and making a positive and lasting impact on the world by supporting the transition to a net-zero emissions future.
- We are professional, organized and committed to exceptional client service.
- Competitive and fair compensation per energy audit (can make $75,000 - $100,000+ per year (pay per audit))
- We provide value added services that save you time and money so you can focus on doing energy audits:
- Virtual office support, including scheduling appointments, responding to client scheduling inquiries and invoicing clients.
- Local marketing to support you in your own marketing and sales efforts.
- Use of a modern scheduling and management system to help you stay organized and provide exceptional client experiences.
- Training and ongoing technical support from a highly experienced team.
- Quality assurance reviews (as required by Natural Resources Canada).
- Flexible schedule. Work independently and from home (office portion of work)
- The full cost of EcoLogic Energy Advisors’ training program is $1875 plus tax. This includes an online Energy Advisor course and probationary energy audit mentorship and is highly competitive with other training institutions.
About EcoLogic Energy Advisors
At EcoLogic Energy Advisors we help people make impactful home energy retrofit decisions that contribute to a net-zero emissions future.
We are a Natural Resources Canada licensed service organization. Our network of Registered Energy Advisors are licensed to conduct EnerGuide home energy audits for government and utility energy efficiency programs, including the Home Efficiency Rebate Plus program, Canada Greener Homes Initiative, and more.
Our Team Has Over 15 Years Of Experience Managing The End-to-end Design And Delivery Of Energy Efficiency Programs For Households, Businesses, Governments And Utilities Across Ontario, Including
- Program design
- Program management
- Call centre operations
- Rebate fulfillment
- Contractor training and management
- Marketing and outreach
- Home energy audits
- Direct install home retrofits
We've helped thousands of Canadians improve their home efficiency, comfort and environmental performance.