Western Canada Campaigns Coordinator
About the job
Type: FTE (flexible, 30+ / week)
Location: Remote, in Western Canada
Compensation $65K - $95K, plus benefits
Introduction to Salal Foundation
Salal Foundation’s mission is to research, test, and scale innovative strategies that nurture transparency, citizen engagement, democracy, and communities living within natural limits. We maximize our effectiveness by supporting organizations and leaders to advance innovative strategic solutions in our priority areas.
We seek a highly motivated and organized campaign coordinator in Western Canada. The Campaigns Coordinator, in collaboration with the Salal team, will be pivotal in planning, executing, and coordinating engagement campaigns. This role requires a creative thinker passionate about Canada’s energy transition and someone sensitive to the politics involved. This person possesses strong communication skills and thrives working collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Work in Results-based Work Environment (ROWE), which allows work from anywhere at just about any time – availability on weekdays is needed for team syncs.
- Health benefits.
- Health & Wellness taxable benefit
- 4 weeks vacation annually after the first 3 months.
- Support for telecommunications expenses and essential home office hardware.
- Campaign Planning: Collaborate to develop comprehensive campaign strategies, goals, and timelines that align with Salal Foundation mission and values.
- Cross-team coordination: Work with staff, contractors, and others to plan and deliver campaign activities.
- Content Development: Oversee design of engaging campaign content, including social media posts, newsletters, press releases, and website updates.
- Public Relations: Build and maintain relationships with local media outlets, influencers, and partners to maximize campaign reach.
- Engagement Strategy and Tactics: Develop and implement grassroots outreach strategies and tactics to organize, mobilize, and engage volunteers and supporters to participate in campaigns.
- Partnership Development: Identify opportunities to make connections and support partnerships with like-minded organizations working on common issues.
- Advocacy: Develop and implement advocacy plans to influence key decision-makers.
- Supporter Growth: Create strategies and plans to boost supporter engagement and growth with key audiences.
- Data Analysis: Track and analyze campaign performance metrics, generate reports, and make data-driven recommendations for future campaigns.
- Fundraising: Support fundraising efforts to secure resources for campaign initiatives.
- Event Coordination: Organize and manage campaign-related events, including rallies, and town halls, as needed..
- Support ongoing effectiveness with honest feedback on how to work smarter, not harder.
- Knowledge of the politics and issues inherent to the energy transition and essential to communities in Western Canada.
- Proven experience (2+ years) in campaign coordination, public relations and/or public policy with an NGO.
- Experience working with diverse communities and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in using social media platforms and campaign management tools.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends, as required.
- Experience working with government agencies and elected officials.
- Knowledge or familiarity of Western Canada’s legislative and policy landscape.
- Familiarity with CRM systems for volunteer and donor management.
- Ability to travel within Western Canada.
At Salal, we recognize the importance of our staff reflecting the communities our work aims to benefit. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We strongly encourage candidates who are Black, Indigenous, people of colour, women, LGBTQ2I, immigrants, people with disabilities, and people from low-income and working-class backgrounds and/or with lived experiences of poverty to apply. We recognize that this is neither exhaustive nor representative of the intersectionality present within each individual. Salal believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse and representative workforce, at all job levels, of those we serve.
Please email your cover letter and resume with the subject line: Application – Campaigns Coordinator to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions to email@example.com.