Senior Project Manager, Renewable Gas (Project Management Office)
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary Min: $104,600.00
Salary Max: $139,600.00
Workplace Flexibility: No
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
Are you a strategic thinker? Do you enjoy working as part of a bigger team to bring projects to fruition?
You have an incredible knack for juggling multiple projects at any given time. You welcome a world of unending challenges and are unafraid to take them on. You have an uncanny ability to positively influence projects to completion while finding solutions through strong relationships with partners and stakeholders. You pride yourself on collaborating with internal and external partners by setting expectations through clear and open communication. Not only do you only manage projects like it’s second nature, you enjoy sharing your experiences with others and developing those around you.
In year 1, you will:
- Integrate into the PMO team and develop a strong understanding of FEI’s core business and the Renewable Gas project portfolio.
- Assume responsibility for delivering a portfolio of projects executed by a hybrid workforce of both FEI employees and Contractors.
- Be the central point of contact for project management activities; maintain work plans, project records and related resources.
- Assess and manage operational and project risk, including recommendations to mitigate risk through contingency planning and operational/project controls.
- Resource plan and ensure all staff are effectively trained and competent in work activities for optimal scheduling and service delivery.
In year 2, you will:
- Provide leadership and guidance to your team, focusing on project quality, schedule and cost.
- Hire staff, arrange training, oversee and review performance expectations and development plans and facilitate resolutions to work related issues for direct reports.
- Contribute to the successful resolution of problems and challenges to meet project goals and objectives.
- Continue to strengthen relationships with key internal stakeholders and begin to expand your relationships with external stakeholders.
- Work with internal stakeholders to refine existing processes and interaction points across the organization, promote changes to optimize operational efficiency and ensure safety.
What it takes:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- PMP designation is a strong asset.
- You bring 8 to 12 years of related experience in a leadership capacity in construction project management.
- You are results-driven with an incredible ability to problem-solve and make informed decisions.
- You have strong leadership skills which include coaching and motivating your teams.
- You have a natural ability to drive and implement change through planning and execution while keeping the customer experience in mind.
- You are knowledgeable in the areas of budget concept and principles, regulatory framework, requirements, codes and business model.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.