Manager, Climate Risk & Opportunity
CLIMATE RISK MANAGEMENT
Hiring: Manager, Climate Risk & Opportunity
Location: Fully Remote – Preference for Eastern Time working hours
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Salary: $65,000 - $85,000, depending on experience
- Required Experience: Minimum 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience. Consulting or corporate sustainability environment preferred
- Benefits: Health Spending Account (HSA)
- Closing Date: December 8, 2023
- Planned Start Date: January or February 2024
Carbonzero has been a North American industry leader in greenhouse gas measurement, reduction, and carbon offsetting solutions for more than 15 years.
We support Canadian and international companies to measure their corporate greenhouse gas emissions and work with them to identify emissions reduction strategies. Carbonzero is also a provider of high quality and third-party verified carbon offsets and Renewable Energy Credits (RECs), which can be used as part of a company’s carbon neutral or net-zero strategy. As a trusted partner in the GHG emissions consulting market for more than a decade, Carbonzero is ready to support your business on its next corporate sustainability project.
About the Role
Carbonzero is recruiting for the position of Manager, Climate Risk & Opportunity. As an experienced member of Carbonzero’s Advisory Services consulting team, you are a subject matter expert on the leading climate risk and opportunity reporting frameworks, specifically:
- Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
- International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) S2 Disclosure Standard
You may also have experience have some experience working with the following programs or projects, but this is secondary to the core requirements of the role:
- Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTI) Target Validation submissions,
- CDP (formerly Carbon Disclosure Project) submissions and,
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory projects
As the lead on Climate Risk & Opportunity projects, you will take an entrepreneurial approach to designing, marketing, and delivering Climate Risk & Opportunity consulting projects that support client-specific risk and opportunity management.
You thrive in small and remote team environments and work well independently. You balance the requirements associated with producing deliverables and meeting deadlines with a personable approach to client management, building trust with clients and prospects quickly.
As the Manager, Climate Risk & Opportunity, your key responsibilities will generally be as follows:
Client Projects (80%)
- As the leader for delivering Climate Risk & Opportunity related consulting projects, you provide your expertise to support clients with aligning their business practices and climate disclosure with recommendations and requirements set out in TCFD and ISSB S2 disclosure standards.
- Produce high-quality deliverables and insights that offer timely and relevant support for the programs and frameworks that clients participate in.
- Provide guidance to clients on effective Climate Disclosures in their public sustainability or ESG materials through a risk and opportunity lens, with consideration for TCFD and ISSB S2 requirements.
- Act as the internal subject matter expert on the specific programs and frameworks that you have extensive experience with, helping to build team-wide capacity and knowledge.
- Keep informed on key updates to leading climate reporting programs and frameworks and their impacts to Carbonzero clients.
Client / Prospect Engagement (20%)
- Meet independently or as part of a project team with Carbonzero clients to review project findings and ensure satisfaction with provided deliverables.
- Meet independently or as part of a project team with prospective clients to provide an introductory overview of Carbonzero’s Advisory Services offerings.
- Work collaboratively with other Carbonzero staff to build external marketing collateral to describe our technical capabilities and service offerings related to Climate Risk & Opportunity.
- Prepare Services Proposals to prospective clients, inclusive of a Scope of Work, Fee Estimate, and Project Timeline for Climate Risk & Opportunity projects.
As the Manager, Climate Risk & Opportunity, we anticipate that you will bring many of the following experiences:
- You have a minimum of three to five years of related work experience, preferably in a consulting or corporate sustainability environment where climate risk and opportunity management was your primary focus.
- You have completed post-secondary education in a relevant field related to Environment, Engineering, or Business & Sustainability.
- You have a strong and demonstrable practical understanding of the leading climate programs and frameworks, specifically TCFD, and ISSB S2, and have broader experience with other climate reporting programs and frameworks.
- You are a driven self-starter who is excited by the idea of growing Carbonzero’s Climate Risk & Opportunity related consulting services.
- You are a confident writer who can draft and review technical reports, presentations, and public-facing client materials.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume demonstrating your experience and interest in the role in a PDF document via email to careers@carbonzero (dot) ca with “[Your Name] – MCRO 2023” cited in the subject line.
Please note that short-listed candidates will be contacted via the email address provided on their application.
Working at Carbonzero
Carbonzero is a fully-remote environmental consulting company that is trusted by more than one hundred corporate clients across Canada, the United States and Europe. Some of our work perks include:
- Employee-paid Health Spending Account (HSA)
- Bonus Program
- Flexible work schedules and Summer Half-Day Fridays
- Generous vacation and holiday season office closure
- Professional development and financial support for courses, certifications, and workshops
- Team retreats, meet-ups, and events throughout the year.
Carbonzero is an equal-opportunity employer that encourages applications from qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to upholding fair and inclusive hiring practices, and Carbonzero does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, disability, or any other form of identity.
Should you require accommodation during the hiring process, we encourage candidates to state their accommodation requests in the email body of their application so the accommodation can be met.