Community Outreach Team Member
Position: Community Outreach Team Member - York Region
Hours: 4-week part-time position (up 10-15 hours/week)
About the Role
If you care about the environment, working on a team, and getting involved in your community, this role might be a great fit for you!
Environmental Defence Canada (EDC) is a leading Canadian environmental advocacy organization that works with government, industry and individuals to defend clean water, a safe climate and healthy communities. EDC is looking to engage communities in York Region for a 4-week canvassing project with the possibility of an extension. This is a 4-week part-time position (up 10-15 hours/week) with flexibility in scheduling work hours (daytime, evenings and weekends). The pay is $22/hour.
Purpose of the Role
The Community Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for targeted outreach to communities, primarily in York Region.
This will involve conducting door-to-door outreach, engaging with people at events and festivals, and surveying Ontarians around issues related to the protection of the Ontario environment.
The Community Outreach Coordinator will work closely with other outreach staff and will report to the Ontario Engagement Manager.
- Ability to engage with the public in a friendly and professional manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for the environment and community engagement
- Previous canvassing, sales, non-profit, survey collection, or customer service experience an asset but not required
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Organization and good attention to detail
- Access to a reliable vehicle and a valid Ontario driver’s license an asset
York Region, Ontario.
Please apply through our hiring portal with your resume and a short introductory paragraph on why you would like to be part of EDC’s outreach team. https://edc-careers.applytojobs.ca/
We are looking for multiple team members and will keep the posting live until all positions are filled.
Environmental Defence embraces equity and diversity and is committed to a workplace that is enriched by the people, needs and desires of Canada’s diverse community. We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.