Who we are and what we do
Mappedin, headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, is a global leader in indoor mapping and spatial data management. Our solutions power billions of square feet of indoor space and millions of people visiting malls, stadiums, offices, retail establishments, healthcare facilities, warehouses, colleges and universities to name a few. Mappedin's cutting-edge technology optimizes indoor spaces, enhances user experiences, and strengthens public safety through user-friendly digital mapping.
Guided by the ethos "One Map Everywhere," we envision indoor maps as commonplace as their outdoor counterparts. Mappedin is committed to creating accessible and user-friendly products, leveraging our extensive experience and Machine Learning for automated paper-to-digital floor plan conversion.
Who you are and what you’ll do
You are creative and enjoy collaborating with others, using your expertise to act as a guide to channel ideas into designs. You have excellent communication skills, iterate quickly, learn fast, and are proactive. You breathe life into existing designs, yet can still create designs from scratch. You understand that delivering a consistent experience across our brand goes a long way and attention to detail is of the utmost importance.
As a Graphic Designer, you will be reporting to the Director of Marketing, you will assume a dynamic role in creating visually appealing, on-brand designs in all of our marketing channels to support initiatives for various teams such as Sales and Customer Success. Your responsibilities will include:
- The creation and delivery of high-quality design for all marketing channels including our website, email, social, and video
- Maintain and create sales enablement collateral including one-pagers, guides, ebooks, presentations, tradeshow graphics, and company-branded content
- Collaborate closely with our Web Developer and deliver website-related designs including mockups for new pages, images and graphics
- Adhere to our design and brand guidelines, and find new ways of bringing brand expression to life
- Maintain and follow best practices for the organization of graphic files, versioning, and naming conventions
Ideally, you have:
- 3+ years of proven industry or agency experience
- High proficiency with Figma
- Solid understanding and demonstration of core design principles
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A solid understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience with video editing (would be a bonus)
- A get-it-done attitude, like to collaborate with others, and are happy to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
What are some challenges?
Mappedin moves fast and we sometimes change directions. We can’t always wait for all the information before we try something. If you want us to guarantee exactly what you’ll be working on three months from now, we can’t give you that. On the other hand, there is a lot of high-value work to do, and it won’t be boring.
One of our core values is playing for the team so you may need to put personal objectives aside to help meet more urgent company objectives, but others will do the same for you.
Behind the scenes
Our toolset currently includes Figma, Airtable, Contentful, JIRA, Hubspot, and Google suite, but we are firm supporters in supplying whatever tools are necessary for you to produce your best work.
There’s a lot of trust here at Mappedin. We are a remote company, but this role may require you to come into the office from time to time. If you’re local, there will probably be a few days a week when you can expect other people to be in the office. We work flexible hours, have a flexible vacation policy and work to provide the hardware or office equipment you require to unleash your potential. We will do what it takes to get things done if we said we would do it. We stay curious, challenge opinions, take risks, and learn from mistakes. We’re competitive and we like to win together.
Mappedin welcomes applications from people with disabilities. We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates upon request through the recruitment process. For additional information, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (519) 594-0102 and ask to speak to a member of the Human Resources team.