Data Coordinator Intern (Winter Term)
Let’s Make Power Plants Obsolete.
The current, centralized electricity system is not sustainable. Between the climate crisis, state-wide blackouts, aging infrastructure, and rising costs, the system needs a huge overhaul. The demand for electricity is high – and getting higher – and big power plants aren't meeting our needs. We say it's time to disrupt and decentralize.
At Peak Power, we're energy nerds that develop software for the real estate sector. Our tech turns commercial buildings and industrial facilities into virtual power plants in a new, decentralized electricity system. This means cleaner, more reliable, and more affordable electricity. We’re powering the clean energy revolution.
Peak Power develops and connects battery storage, grid-interactive buildings, and electric vehicle assets in a single software platform for partners to pursue net zero goals, cut operating expenses, and unlock new revenue opportunities.
Reporting to the Chief Innovation Officer, the Data Coordinator Intern will work with a talented group across data engineering, data science, and project management, and business stakeholders in a fast-paced and exciting environment. The Data Coordinator Intern will work on defining data quality, and performance models while ensuring data integrity from the data pipeline. This role will collaborate across teams to work through innovative solutions and coordination on data testing.
This work matters. Even a small change to optimize electricity usage can significantly impact our customers, electrical grid, and environment. We're building something that will have a lasting, positive impact.
Our new Data Coordinator Intern will:
- Drive projects from data ingestion to presentation
- Analyze and interpret data to identify best practices to build dashboards and visualize various data sources to support product
- Help to obtain GIS pics from google earth or other map related resources.
- Provide easy-to-understand and action-oriented reports and presentations
- Continuously monitor performance, ensuring that appropriate analyses, trend highlights and opportunities are provided and reviewed with management on a regular basis
- Communicate analysis and interpretation to appropriate audiences
- Supports various cross-functional projects and initiatives by providing appropriate data and insights, in collaboration with functional team and/or management
- Determine and apply innovative, automated and/or technical enhancements to existing or developing processes, methods and tools for reporting
What you will bring to Peak Power:
The experience and education. Enrolled in a post-secondary program in computer science or related field. You have proven experience delivering success in a fast-paced, multi-tasking role where you are comfortable working autonomously.
- Experience in Python
The drive and curiosity. You have a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and are motivated to solve problems and support the organization’s success. You are passionate about contributing to innovative solutions to climate change.
The flexibility. You are flexible to adapt your activities as needed to support evolving team priorities in a rapidly changing business environment. You are comfortable with ambiguity and are willing to figure things out when there is no clear, defined path or process outlined. You have proactiveness in identifying problems & finding solutions.
So why Peak Power?
We’re focused on solving problems that impact energy markets both locally and around the world. We are a growth-stage clean technology company that has partnered with major names in real estate, electricity, and smart city spaces. To work with us is not only to work with an exciting company, but to also be on the cutting edge of the global transition to distributed, clean, and carbon-free energy.
How we invest in our team:
Peak Power is composed of passionate, collaborative, and innovative individuals
- Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI). We believe in driving a better energy future through focused efforts towards understanding and improving Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- We’re Listening. We take internal engagement surveys seriously and make actionable changes based on feedback.
- Get Social. Fun activities including team events and game nights to stay connected both virtually and in person including fun Slack channels that celebrate our love of food, fitness, fashion, furry friends, and everything in between!
- Long Weekends Start Early. Beat the traffic to the cottage or curl up with your favourite book, start early with half days off before long weekends.
Apply here or learn more about our company from our website or LinkedIn.
At Peak Power we value the unique experiences and perspectives that folx bring. This is how we build a collaborative and innovative environment. As such, we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Should you feel that you don’t meet 100% of the areas of this posting we encourage you to apply and tell us more about what values you feel you could add to the team. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.