Director, Energy Markets
Let’s make Power Plants Obsolete.
The current, centralized electricity system is not sustainable. Between the climate crisis, state-wide blackouts, aging infrastructure, and rising costs, the system needs a huge overhaul. The demand for electricity is high – and getting higher – and big power plants aren't meeting our needs. We say it's time to disrupt and decentralize.
At Peak Power, we're energy nerds that develop software for the real estate sector. Our tech turns commercial buildings and industrial facilities into hubs in a new, decentralized electricity system. This means cleaner, more reliable, and more affordable electricity. We’re powering the clean energy revolution.
Peak Power has developed a comprehensive software platform that alleviates strain on the electricity grid and drives value to owners of clean energy assets, buildings, and electric vehicles (EVs) through electricity markets.
We are seeking a full-time Director of Energy Markets at Peak Power Inc. You will be responsible for researching, understanding, and synthesizing insights on trends driving demand for energy storage and other Distributed Energy Resources across Peak Power’s target markets, which are currently IESO, NYISO, ISO-NE, and CAISO. You will develop and own the frameworks and models used to understand batteries' techno-economic and renewables in different applications.
Our new Director of Energy Markets will:
- Develop. You will assist in the development and execution of Peak Power's go-to-market strategy for Peak Power's energy storage and distributed energy resources market strategies while building & executing frameworks to analyze the economics of batteries and renewables in various markets and applications.
- Deliver. You will guide the commercial teams in the pursuit and screening of new opportunities, gather and consolidate core data and inputs to global models, and develop pathways to maintain databases on an ongoing basis. You will manage the pricing of critical aspects of Peak Power's offerings by understanding tariff/rate/revenue structures for project/economic viability. You will also engage with the Product team to represent the Voice of the Customer and to scope out Peak Power's next generation of distributed energy resource software offerings.
- Lead. You will maintain key relationships in the sector to assist in the origination of new opportunities and the development of new partnerships. You will also provide Peak Power’s leadership with insights and actionable plans.
- Grow. You will be an empowered leader, and advise internal and external stakeholders on wholesale market programs involving Energy Storage, Behavioral Demand Response, and Hybrid or Dual Participation resources in North America.
What you bring to Peak Power:
- The education and experience. You bring at least 5 years of experience in the energy sector with a University Undergraduate or Master's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or a related field.
- The expertise. You have experience with Energy Storage Resources operating in front-of-the-meter and behind-the-meter applications with in-depth knowledge of energy markets, policy, and energy technologies. Prior experience working in international markets is a plus. If you have experience working at an energy trading desk or managed energy assets, that would be considered an asset.
- The drive and curiosity. You have adapted to working in rapidly growing strong companies with excellent communication and collaboration skills to partner with leadership and manage internal and external stakeholders.
- The flexibility. You are quick to adapt when priorities shift and take feedback well. You are comfortable with ambiguity and are willing to figure things out when there is no clear, defined path or the process outlined. You have proactiveness in identifying problems & finding solutions.
So why Peak Power?
We’re focused on solving problems that impact energy markets both locally and around the world. We are a growth-stage clean technology company that has partnered with major names in real estate, electricity, and smart city spaces. To work with us is not only to work with an exciting company, but to also be on the cutting edge of the global transition to distributed, clean, and carbon-free energy.
How we invest in our team:
- Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI). We believe in driving a better energy future through focused efforts towards understanding and improving Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- You’re Covered. Comprehensive health insurance from Day 1.
- Work/Life Balance. Generous and flexible vacation and sick/wellness days to make time for personal appointments and taking a mental health break.
- We’re Listening. We take internal engagement surveys seriously and make actionable changes based on feedback.
- Keep Learning. Sharpen your skills through continuous development paid for by Peak Power.
- Get Social. Fun activities including team events and game nights to stay connected both virtually and in person including fun Slack channels that celebrate our love of food, fitness, fashion, furry friends, and everything in between!
- Long Weekends Start Early. Beat the traffic to the cottage or curl up with your favourite book, start early with half days off before long weekends.
- Health & Wellness. We care about your physical and mental wellbeing and offer monthly reimbursements to support your fitness and health journey.
Apply here or learn more about our company from our website or LinkedIn.
At Peak Power we value the unique experiences and perspectives that folx bring. This is how we build a collaborative and innovative environment. As such, we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Should you feel that you don’t meet 100% of the areas of this posting we encourage you to apply and tell us more about what values you feel you could add to the team. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.