Director, Project Development
Let’s make Power Plants Obsolete.
The current, centralized electricity system is not sustainable. Between the climate crisis, state-wide blackouts, aging infrastructure, and rising costs, the system needs a huge overhaul. The demand for electricity is high – and getting higher – and big power plants aren't meeting our needs. We say it's time to disrupt and decentralize.
At Peak Power, we're energy nerds that develop software for the real estate sector. Our tech turns commercial buildings and industrial facilities into hubs in a new, decentralized electricity system. This means cleaner, more reliable, and more affordable electricity. We’re powering the clean energy revolution.
Peak Power has developed a comprehensive software platform that alleviates strain on the electricity grid and drives value to owners of clean energy assets, buildings, and electric vehicles (EVs) through electricity markets.
Reporting to the COO, the Director, Project Development, will lead project development and execution efforts in California and New York. The Director is focused the development of a pipeline of renewable energy projects, including solar and energy storage projects for commercial, industrial and utility-scale customers. With attention to detail, this role will be critical for providing technical and commercial leadership to the business to advise on the further deployment of solar and energy storage as the technology drivers to support the growth strategy of the business.
This work matters. Even a small change to optimize power utilization can significantly impact our customers, electrical grid, and environment. We're building something that will have a lasting, positive impact.
Our new Director, Project Development will:
- Deliver. You will focus on developing a pipeline of renewable energy projects.
- You lead and manage all aspects of project development, developing and manage project development schedules and budgets
- You will conduct Project Permitting, including permit strategy, tracking permit efforts, and working with local Authority Having Jurisdictions
- Collaborate. You will lead project meetings with internal and external stakeholders and negotiate and manage contracts for key project documents.
- You will participate in project financings answering relevant diligence questions and providing required documents.
- You will coordinate additional resources or outside consultants/contractors as well as manage and meet expenses throughout project development.
- Report. You will coordinate for delivery of site and environmental studies, surveys and diligence reports.
- You will apply critical thinking to communicate and influence team members at all levels regarding project risks, opportunities, and recommended action.
- Grow. You are a critical thinker who will work with internal and external Engineering teams as they progress engineering and design, eventually mentor a growing team in each ISO market
What you bring to Peak Power:
- The experience and education. You have 8+ years with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, project/construction management and development experience in wind, solar or energy storage. Knowledge of energy storage and familiarity with CAISO, NYISO, and NE ISO markets.
- The drive and curiosity. Demonstrated track record in working energy storage technology, development, utilities, interconnection, permitting, and contracting. You have a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and are motivated to solve problems and support the organization’s success. You are passionate about contributing to innovative solutions to climate change.
- The flexibility. You are willing and able to travel (10-20%) and more as required by projects. You flexible to adapt your activities as needed to support evolving team priorities in a rapidly changing business environment. You are comfortable with ambiguity and are willing to figure things out when there is no clear, defined path or process outlined. You have proactiveness in identifying problems & finding solutions.
So why Peak Power?
We’re focused on solving problems that impact energy markets both locally and around the world. We are a growth-stage clean technology company that has partnered with major names in real estate, electricity, and smart city spaces. To work with us is not only to work with an exciting company, but to also be on the cutting edge of the global transition to distributed, clean, and carbon-free energy.
How we invest in our team:
- Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI). We believe in driving a better energy future through focused efforts towards understanding and improving Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- You’re Covered. Comprehensive health insurance from Day 1.
- Work/Life Balance. Generous and flexible vacation and sick/wellness days to make time for personal appointments and taking a mental health break.
- We’re Listening. We take internal engagement surveys seriously and make actionable changes based on feedback.
- Keep Learning. Sharpen your skills through continuous development paid for by Peak Power.
- Get Social. Fun activities including team events and game nights to stay connected both virtually and in person including fun Slack channels that celebrate our love of food, fitness, fashion, furry friends, and everything in between!
- Long Weekends Start Early. Beat the traffic to the cottage or curl up with your favourite book, start early with half days off before long weekends.
- Health & Wellness. We care about your physical and mental wellbeing and offer monthly reimbursements to support your fitness and health journey.
Apply here or learn more about our company from our website or LinkedIn.
At Peak Power we value the unique experiences and perspectives that folx bring. This is how we build a collaborative and innovative environment. As such, we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Should you feel that you don’t meet 100% of the areas of this posting we encourage you to apply and tell us more about what values you feel you could add to the team. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.