Technical Support Intern (Winter Term)
Let’s Make Power Plants Obsolete.
The current, centralized electricity system is not sustainable. Between the climate crisis, state-wide blackouts, aging infrastructure, and rising costs, the system needs a huge overhaul. The demand for electricity is high – and getting higher – and big power plants aren't meeting our needs. We say it's time to disrupt and decentralize.
At Peak Power, we're energy nerds that develop software for the real estate sector. Our tech turns commercial buildings and industrial facilities into virtual power plants in a new, decentralized electricity system. This means cleaner, more reliable, and more affordable electricity. We’re powering the clean energy revolution.
Peak Power develops and connects battery storage, grid-interactive buildings, and electric vehicle assets in a single software platform for partners to pursue net zero goals, cut operating expenses, and unlock new revenue opportunities.
Reporting to the Technical Support Specialist, the Technical Support Intern will work with a talented group of business stakeholders in a fast-paced and exciting environment. This intern’s work will have a positive impact on the business through handling IT tickets, providing network support, and providing in-office technical assistance.
This work matters. Even a small change to optimize electricity usage can significantly impact our customers, electrical grid, and environment. We're building something that will have a lasting, positive impact.
Our new Technical Support Intern will:
- Assist in managing networking, development, and disaster recovery process
- Support with incident response and post-mortem analysis to document findings and provide recommendations to the appropriate support or infrastructure teams
- Communicate status of information security programs and projects, as required
- Ensure compliance to policies, vulnerabilities, and threats and other metrics
- Conduct a monthly review of access controls
- Run spot checks of execution against information security policies
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills to provide support across departments and support in problem solving process
- Work with external vendors for troubleshooting purposes
- You are a critical thinker. You will proactively identify opportunities to improve operational performance, and efficiency.
What you will bring to Peak Power:
The experience and education. You have proven experience delivering success in a fast-paced, multi-tasking role where you are comfortable working autonomously.
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Knowledge on information security concepts and architecture (malware, virus, threats, confidentiality, and integrity)
- Experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identify management or related technologies
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities with a strong attention to detail
The drive and curiosity. You have a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and are motivated to solve problems and support the organization’s success. You are passionate about contributing to innovative solutions to climate change.
- Process focused with a problem resolution driven attitude
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to innovate
The flexibility. You are flexible to adapt your activities as needed to support evolving team priorities in a rapidly changing business environment. You are comfortable with ambiguity and are willing to figure things out when there is no clear, defined path or process outlined. You are proactive in identifying problems & finding solutions.
So why Peak Power?
We’re focused on solving problems that impact energy markets both locally and around the world. We are a growth-stage clean technology company that has partnered with major names in real estate, electricity, and smart city spaces. To work with us is not only to work with an exciting company, but to also be on the cutting edge of the global transition to distributed, clean, and carbon-free energy.
How we invest in our team:
Peak Power is composed of passionate, collaborative, and innovative individuals
- Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI). We believe in driving a better energy future through focused efforts towards understanding and improving Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- We’re Listening. We take internal engagement surveys seriously and make actionable changes based on feedback.
- Get Social. Fun activities including team events and game nights to stay connected both virtually and in person including fun Slack channels that celebrate our love of food, fitness, fashion, furry friends, and everything in between!
- Long Weekends Start Early. Beat the traffic to the cottage or curl up with your favourite book, start early with half days off before long weekends.
Apply here or learn more about our company from our website or LinkedIn.
At Peak Power we value the unique experiences and perspectives that folx bring. This is how we build a collaborative and innovative environment. As such, we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Should you feel that you don’t meet 100% of the areas of this posting we encourage you to apply and tell us more about what values you feel you could add to the team. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.