Senior Back End Engineer
VendorPM exists to modernize the way that vendors and property managers work together. We do this by building industry-specific vendor management & procurement software that connects over 6,000 buildings & 40,000 vendors in a single marketplace. We improve efficiency & reduce costs for property managers while driving new business to vendors across the continent.
We’re one of the fastest-growing Toronto startups, a certified “great place to work,” and backed by world-leading SaaS & PropTech funds, including; Bessemer Venture Partners, the former CEO of Twitter, Real Estate leaders, Prudence VC & Navitas Capital.
Our team is passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration. If you're passionate about making an impact and putting in the work to get there, you’re likely an excellent fit for our team!
You have strong foundational knowledge and can work with some autonomy, but you also enjoy being part of a rapidly growing team where you'll get to work on interesting projects. You should have experience in a backend role with strong business logic; e-commerce and security best practices are helpful.
As a member of our team, you will:
● Design, develop, and deploy robust and scalable backend solutions using Node.js
● Implement, and maintain microservices using Docker containers, ECS, and AWS Lambda
● Integrate with external services and APIs
● Setup and maintain system infrastructure
● Contribute to the design of relational databases (PSQL)
● Prioritize maintainability, code reuse, and testability to ensure a clean and easy-to-work-with codebase.
● Work closely with the Product team to ensure deliverable accuracy and completeness
● Engage and contribute your ideas to product features, product analytics, and development processes/tools
● Keep our internal wiki (Notion) up-to-date
You’re the Missing Piece of the Puzzle
● 5+ years of Software Development experience.
● You can effectively communicate with other technical and non-technical teams
● Leadership qualities and a desire to support the development of more junior Engineers
● Nice To Haves: Kubernetes, Serverless (framework), Bash, and non-relational data stores such as MongoDB
● Strong understanding of SOLID principles and software architecture best practices
What’s In It For You
- Pivotal role at a high-growth, venture-backed company.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive health benefits package including medical care, dental and vision care, life insurance
- Parental leave top-up
- Work-from-home OR from our vibrant downtown Toronto office.
- 3 weeks vacation + paid sick/wellness days
- An opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan
- Team events
- Discounted gym membership and other great perks
- A collaborative, tight-knit team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
We want to be a surprising and exciting place, but we also want you to know what to expect on your journey, starting with the interview process:
● Interview Process Step 1: Google Meets exploratory call with Recruiter.
● Interview Process Step 2: Technical Assessment
● Interview Process Step 3: Interview with Lead Engineer
Please check out these short explainer videos to learn more about us!