Executive Assistant to Chief Technology Officer
About the job
Noventa is a renewable energy company operating in Canada, the US, and the UK. We envision a world where sustainability isn't just an aspiration but a reality. Our relentless commitment to decarbonize our planet has positioned us at the forefront of innovative solutions.
Our work environment is collaborative, creative and inclusive. We encourage new ideas, and we reward initiative. We are creating a dynamic place where energy is reimagined to fight climate change and create a better world for all.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (the “CTO”), the Executive Assistant will offer executive-level administrative and organizational support to the CTO and the Engineering team. In this strategic capacity, you will manage complex calendars, facilitate meetings, and assist staff in preparing deliverables. This role presents an opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth and success of the company.
The ideal candidate should be a highly organized self-starter with excellent communication skills, capable of taking initiative, and prioritizing tasks effectively to deliver results under pressure. Success in this multi-faceted role requires a strong ability to take charge and meet tight deadlines.
- Coordinate and manage active calendars, ensuring alignment with company priorities and goals.
- Schedule meetings, draft agendas, take meeting minutes, and schedule follow-up meetings.
- Screen/filter emails; read, research, and route correspondence; collect and analyze information; and troubleshoot when needed.
- Organize, prioritize, and handle time-sensitive, confidential information appropriately, ensuring any required action/attention is addressed.
- Plan and coordinate logistics, including domestic and international travel, confirming accommodation and flight bookings, and preparing and reconciling expense claims and credit card statements.
- Manage complex office administrative work, demonstrating independent judgment and initiative.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and integrity.
- Collaborate closely with other Executive Assistants.
- Assist in managing special projects initiated by the Chief Technology Officer and the engineering team, ensuring deadlines and deliverables are met.
- Collaborate with service providers and equipment suppliers to ensure uninterrupted IT, phone, computer, photocopier, and other essential services.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent postgraduate education
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and excellent communication skills
- Experience collaborating with team members from different backgrounds and communication styles
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and technically savvy
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proactive mindset with the ability to anticipate needs and take initiative
- Proven experience as an Executive Assistant or in a similar role is an asset
- Prior experience in the renewable energy sector or sustainability is an asset
- Passion for environmental sustainability and technology
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Company events
- Bonus pay
Expected Start Date: End of January 2024
Work Location: 100% in person Monday-Friday at our offices in the vibrant Distillery District. You’ll need to reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work.
Noventa fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA during any step of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com