Construction Project Manager (HVAC and Decarbonization)
About the job
Who We Are...
At Ecosystem we want to help solve the complex energy and decarbonization challenges faced by the world today.
Ecosystem is a multidisciplinary and pioneer team of engineers responsible for the success of multimillion dollar projects.
Here are some of the projects we've been working on recently in Toronto: City Waterfront Building , Humber College and Toronto Zoo .
Who You Are…
You are an adept problem solver and self-starter with experience in construction project management. You have a strong focus on delivering while keeping your team motivated, and your clients aligned. You see possibilities instead of challenges and work efficiently to identify the best solutions for meeting project goals.
As Project Manager, you will ensure every stage of the projects you manage are delivered on time and on budget. You will also be required to effectively manage the time allocation of the project team and support them in being consistently aligned with the critical path for the project. Located at Ecosystem’s Toronto office, the Project Manager will lead a multidisciplinary project delivery team focused on providing cutting-edge technological solutions for the success of multimillion-dollar projects.
What You Will Do…
- Ensure excellence in health and safety protocols on project sites and oversee administration of best practices
- Adopt best practices in project management in alignment with Ecosystem’s culture and the client needs
- Manage the procurement of professional services, equipment, and subcontractors
- Manage, negotiate, and award contracts to subcontractors in collaboration with the Senior Project Director and the Construction Engineers
- Manage and coordinate the review and edit of mechanical, electrical, and structural drawings to ensure feasibility of construction and coordinate contracts with trades
- Ensure day-to-day activities on construction sites, including institution of health and safety protocols, trade coordination, identification of challenges, and associated problem solving are being performed in alignment with the project schedule, the budget, and the available project workforce
- Collaborate with the Project Coordinator and the Construction Engineers to identify permit requirements and ensure timely project delivery
- Manage a nonlinear construction process in collaboration with Ecosystem’s design and construction team
- Develop project schedules and identify complex project risks and potential mitigation paths
- Identify, communicate and reinforce the project critical path among the team
- Manage project budgets, including approval of subcontractor invoices and client billing
- Communicate with internal colleagues and the client on project progress, identify project issues, and ensure client satisfaction
- Ensure alignment of the project team with the client’s priorities and needs
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent field required
- 10+ years of experience in construction project management
- Understanding and application of local permits and regulations
- Understanding of business risk and financial implications of decisions and judgment to balance schedule, budget, and project team efforts
- Knowledge and/or interest in energy systems in the built environment (boilers, chillers, and cogeneration plants)
- Valid driver’s license required
What Ecosystem Offers...
- Annual base salaries benchmarked and reviewed annually
- Generous paid time off package starting with 6 weeks per year (3 weeks of vacation per year, 5 personal days, office closure between Dec 25 and Jan 1 and 10 statutory holidays).
- Options for sabbaticals, part-time work arrangements, and time-off for personal projects
- Complete Group Insurance offer (health, visual, dental, life insurance, AD&D) with employer contribution of 55%
- Easy access to health and support through Telemedicine and Employee Assistance Program
- Employer contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- More than a working tool, cell phones are provided for professional and personal use
- Mature Health & Safety practices, policies and trainings making us leaders in this space
- Comprehensive internal technical training offers and rich network of Subject-Matter Experts (SMEs) to provide technical mentorship and fast track learning
- Reimbursement program for external training and access to French and English group courses
- All-inclusive annual company-wide gathering celebrating our people and culture in style. Various committees are in place with employees (DEI, CSR, Innovation, Social Committee, etc.) to keep our culture thriving
- Mission-driven organization and stable business environment
Join a Purpose-Driven Company with a Demonstrated Environmental Impact!