Manager - Land Acquisition Northeast
Scope of Position
EDF Renewables North America is a market-leading independent power producer and service provider with over 35 years of experience. We deliver grid-scale power: wind (onshore and offshore), solar photovoltaic, and storage projects; distribution-scale power: solar and storage; asset optimization: technical, operational, and commercial expertise to maximize the performance of generating projects, and onsite solutions, through the Company’s PowerFlex affiliate, offering a full suite of onsite energy solutions for commercial and industrial customers: solar, storage, EV charging, energy management systems, and microgrids.
The Manager, Land Acquisition will be primarily responsible for designing and implementing land acquisition campaigns to support project development pipeline goals and support field-based land needs for projects in implementation and operations and conducting real estate project due diligence on acquisition opportunities. The Manager, Land Acquisition is also responsible for leading regionally assigned land acquisition staff and resources, advanced land acquisition negotiations, developing and maintaining relationships with local officials or stakeholders, conducting update meetings for stakeholders, quality control of Land Agent work product, and project reporting to an assigned region. The Manager, Land Acquisition should have experience choosing consultants and managing consultant deliverables.
- Participate in and oversee day to day activities of Land Acquisition team in achieving measurable progress on multiple land acquisition campaigns, while working closely with the Director, Land Acquisition to ensure results-based targets are attained on budget and on schedule.
- Assist Land Acquisition team with special meetings that require advanced negotiations skills for leasing land, land purchases, collection and transmission line easements, access roads easements, title curative instruments and crossing agreements, including the development of negotiated terms and conditions, working in collaboration with the Director and internal/external real estate counsel as needed.
- Work with regional teams to design and implement land acquisition campaigns, including identification of landowners within prospective sites, initiating contact and meeting with individual landowners to articulate the benefits of company’s value proposition, and negotiating contracts with landowners and/or landowner attorneys for participation in proposed renewable energy projects.
- Conduct weekly updates with Region Development staff regarding priority tasks for projects and submit a weekly status report(s) to maintain up-to-date summary of project activities.
- Conducts Stakeholder meetings, presentations and maintain relationships with Stakeholders throughout the land acquisition and development process.
- Collaborate with Land & Community Engagement senior leadership to ensure corporate land acquisition policies are taught to, shared with, and adhered to by land acquisition teams.
- Assist Community Relations teams and regional staff with maintaining existing landowner communications via project update phone calls and letters, quarterly newsletters, and project update meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervision of Others: 0-5
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business, Marketing, or related field.
- 5+ years of land acquisition experience.
- 2+ years of experience in renewable energy industry required
- 3+ years direct management experience of a team of land agents.
- RPL or CPL through American Association of Professional Landmen preferred
- Local Notary license preferred, or the ability to obtain one.
- Proven sales, account acquisition and account management experience are a must.
- Advanced contract drafting and negotiation skills required
- Task and detail-oriented problem solver with exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience developing and promoting fact-based recommendations to management for approval
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office, and CRM software.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and public speaking skills.
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and as a team player, required.
Physical Requirements: Ability to travel 50% or more of work time.
- 50% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. 50% of time is spent outside of the office visiting
- vendors’ and/or internal customers’ sites in additional to attending various conferences and meetings.
In addition, EDF Renewables offers best-in-class employment incentives, including.
- Competitive Bonus incentives: This position is eligible for our annual bonus program
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: EDF Renewables Canada pays 100% of premiums for employee health benefits for the employee and their dependents.
- Rewarding RRSP Package: EDF Renewables provides a generous 100% match of employee’s first 6% contributed with immediate vesting
We Are Also Proud To Offer
- Favorable time off programs
- Rewarding Learning & Development Opportunities
- Personalized Financial 1:1 Coaching Workshops
- Supportive Mentorship & Buddy Programs
Be a part of an innovative and collaborative team environment that fosters our goal of Delivering renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.