Renewable Energy Project Manager
Green Cat Renewables is a growing renewable energy consultancy supporting the entire project development lifecycle for renewable generation, green hydrogen production and energy storage projects across North America and Europe. From feasibility through permitting, design and construction, onto operations and decommissioning, our complete in-house multidisciplinary team consists of over 100 engineers, specialist consultants, technicians, project managers, site managers and technical specialists. Our mission is to be at the forefront of the energy transition, with a focus on adopting a pragmatic approach to delivering innovative solutions for renewable energy development. We provide a value-driven approach while remaining flexible and agile to respond to changing project needs.
We have offices in Canada and the United Kingdom. To support our regional growth in Atlantic Canada, we have a unique opportunity for a senior consulting professional with a renewable and sustainable energy background to act as Project Manager in our new Halifax, Nova Scotia office. Given our multidisciplinary structure, there is an opportunity for the successful candidate to have a professional background in either engineering, technical assessments or environmental permitting. This role will be key to providing our Atlantic Canada clients with the same exceptional level of support as the other regions we have successfully operated in.
The Role Includes:
- Unique opportunity to be part of the early-stage growth of the Halifax team.
- Project management of new and existing projects as well as assisting senior project managers in project delivery of some larger and more complex projects.
- Opportunity to work in utility scale wind, solar, BESS and green hydrogen sector.
- Project scheduling, budgeting, risk tracking.
- Assisting in the preparation of regulatory applications, potentially including technical assessment and GIS mapping support.
- Stakeholder engagement support, including consultation and attendance at open houses.
- Supporting business development activities including preparation of tenders and proposals, coordinating, and attending meetings, attending conferences, and identifying and following new business opportunities.
- Opportunity to experience project work across a range of jurisdictions.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must have a degree qualified in an Environmental, Sustainability or Engineering discipline.
- Client relationships are of great importance to Green Cat and as such a large part of the role will be centered around client relationship management. The candidate must be comfortable in a client-facing role and will have prior experience in a consulting environment where this has been a focus.
- Familiarity with principles of project management.
- Experience with renewable energy development in all stages and an understanding of the various Atlantic Canada regional permitting and development requirements.
- 5+ years of work experience in directly relevant field, strong preference for candidates with existing experience in the wind or solar energy sector.
- Excellent English language communication skills required as well as excellent computer literacy.
- GIS experience is an asset as well as prior experience of wind farm software packages such as WindPro.
- Ability and willingness to undertake travel and occasional overnight stays.
- Valid Canadian Driver’s License, Passport and right to reside and work in Canada.
Green Cat Renewables offers a team focused and collaborative culture, exciting growth opportunities, career mentorship and an attractive compensation package (competitive salary, health benefits and RRSP program).
The successful candidate will contribute to a broad range of industry specific deliverables while mentoring and growing our Halifax office.
To apply please submit your application on LinkedIn, which will include a full resume (maximum 2 pages) and cover letter.
Green Cat Renewables will only evaluate applications submitted through LinkedIn and meet the criteria listed above. Given the volume of applications we receive, we regret that only those selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the role.
Thank you for your interest and consideration.