Energy & Carbon Analyst
About the job
JLL is continuing to grow its Canadian Property Management team to deliver world-class Environmental, Social and Governance services to sophisticated owners and occupiers. We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our Sustainability team. Reporting to the Energy Manager, the Energy & Carbon Analyst will play a crucial role in supporting our efforts to optimize energy efficiency and enhance sustainability across our property portfolio.
By leveraging your expertise in energy analysis and data interpretation, you will assist teams in identifying opportunities for energy savings, ensure the accuracy of data collected and reported across platforms, support onboarding existing and new clients to preferred utility data management systems, and ultimately help develop and execute strategies to meet client needs and deliver on JLL’s global sustainability commitments of achieving net zero carbon emissions in operational carbon by 2040.
The position primarily consists of remote work however some travel to properties and for team meetings at the Toronto office is expected.
What this job involves:
- Support development and maintenance of internal tools and resources to assist property teams in managing energy/ water consumption and achieving sustainability goals, including but not limited to:
- Conduct research on energy management standards, operational best practices, and calculators for building energy performance assessments.
- Extract insights from data analytics platforms and translating data into meaningful trends.
- Develop standard energy management templates for energy auditors to capture critical audit information.
- Research and promote energy efficient standards and ratings for building systems to support property teams with system optimization and retrofits.
- Ensure accuracy of third-party vendor platforms by performing regular data quality checks, identifying, and reporting anomalies, and ensuring property teams report any changes in utility accounts.
- Manage onboarding and maintenance of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager (ESPM) for all JLL-managed properties to ensure accuracy of building information and utility data coverage.
- Lead energy, water, and carbon compliance reporting efforts, including managing timelines, data collection, data entry, and submission, and communicating findings to management and stakeholders.
- Prepare detailed reports, presentations, and visualizations of water, energy, and carbon data analysis to communicate findings and generate enthusiasm among stakeholders.
- Monitor utility consumption of properties and interpret energy and water reports from monitoring software.
- Support the identification of financial subsidy opportunities for the implementation of energy and decarbonization measures and support property teams with implementation.
- Determine the environmental impact of energy efficiency projects in terms of energy saved and impact on greenhouse gas (GHG) reductions.
- Support the development and implementation of energy and decarbonization awareness programs to increase participation among stakeholders.
- Provide resources and support to property teams, including reviewing proposals, providing feedback, and addressing tenant data requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned/required.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, Engineering, Sustainability, or related field.
- Proven experience in energy analysis and sustainability reporting.
- Strong analytical skills, with proficiency in energy and carbon calculations, data manipulation, statistical analysis.
- Understanding of typical building systems, technologies and operations is an asset.
- Knowledge of relevant environmental regulations (EWRB, GRESB, Montreal Disclosure etc.) and industry standards is an asset.
- Data visualization using tools such as (Power BI, Tableau etc.) is an asset.
- Knowledge of GHG accounting methodologies and carbon emissions calculation tools is an asset.
- Certification in energy management, sustainability, or related fields (e.g., Energy Manager in Training, Engineer in Training, LEED Green Associate) is an asset.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to work with limited clarity and ambiguity, proactively seeking solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent communication skills to present complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy in reporting and analysis.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is considered an asset
We’re here to create rewarding opportunities and amazing spaces around the globe where people can achieve their ambitions. In doing so, we are buildin...