Portfolio Energy & Sustainability Manager
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
As a Portfolio Energy & Sustainability Manager, you will be directly responsible for delivering Sustainable Operations services for multiple clients in the Eastern region. The Portfolio Energy & Sustainability Manager will oversee the development and project management of energy and sustainability initiatives in line with client goals and commitments to ensure delivery on account KPI’s or expectations including energy savings, carbon foot-print reduction, water, and waste management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support development and execution of client energy and/or sustainability strategy
- Implement and manage energy and sustainability programs to achieve client environmental objectives
- Drive operational efficiencies though the identification and implementation of opportunities to improve energy and sustainability performance across client real estate portfolios
- Manage the energy, waste, and water data collection process within JLL’s technology platform and produce monthly and quarterly reports that are tailored to meet our clients’ specific requirements
- Provide regular insight into client use of utilities, generation of waste/recycling, and carbon emissions including the impact on the internal and external factors
- Engage with facility managers, energy champions, and account colleagues as they key point of contact for the provision of wide-ranging advice in relation to all aspects of environmental sustainability
- Collaborate with other JLL Sustainable Operations and Sustainable Strategies team members to share best practices, develop case studies, and pursue new business opportunities
- Develop and enhance systems and processes for delivering best practice sustainability performance and use of utility/sustainability management systems for monitoring and/or reporting purposes
- Support client corporate reporting objectives, external disclosure, and requests for information
Every day is different, and in all these activities, we’d encourage you to show your ingenuity.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be / have:
Requirements – Essential
- University Degree (Sustainability, Environmental Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field)
- In-depth understanding of energy, water, and/or waste conservation measures
- In-depth understanding of greenhouse gas emission scopes, calculations, baselining, and reporting
- Experience benchmarking utility and sustainability data to identify improvement opportunities
- Strong project management skills – can prioritize and meet deadlines in a dynamic but remote setting
- Ability to simplify and explain the complex for non-subject matter experts to build consensus
- Builds rapport and maintains friendly, respectful relationships across the business and externally with stakeholders and clients
Requirements – Desirable
- Familiar with corporate sustainability standards and commitments like Net Zero and Science Based Targets
- Knowledge of environmental reporting frameworks, ENERGY STAR Portfolio manager, and other common external disclosures like CDP or EcoVadis
- Technical understanding of common HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and building automation systems
- Experience conducting site walkthroughs to find conservation measures (e.g. ASHRAE Level 1 and 2 audits)
- Can run financial calculations to support client decision making including IRR, simple payback, or NPV
- Comfortable generating utility budgets and forward projections of spend
- Familiarity with energy procurement processes and renewable energy options
- Proactive and can think ahead to anticipate client needs regarding market trends, data accuracy, research, and project management related technology
- Think Big - Thinks strategically, simplifies the complex, solves complex problems, sees the big picture
- Drive Change - Thrives on change, learning agility, intellectually curious, appetite for risks, digital drive
- Helps others - Builds relationships, actively collaborates, helps others succeed
- Get it done - Acts decisively, drives results, passion to win, takes ownership, accountable, resilient
- Business first - Focuses on customers and clients, business/financial acumen, JLL first
- Inspire - Inspire others, creates vision and strategy, energizes others
Location: mote – Chicago, IL, Atlanta, GA, Charlotte, NC, Nashville, TN, Pittsburgh, PA, Raleigh, NC, Orlando, FL, Houston, TX, Dallas, TX, Ottawa, ON
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Estimated compensation for this position is:
98,000.00 – 121,000.00 USDThe pay range listed is a total compensation range including bonus, if applicable. The provided range is an estimate and not guaranteed. An employment offer is based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, internal equity and alignment with market data.
Remote –Atlanta, GA, Austin, TX, Charlotte, NC, Chicago, IL, Harrisburg, PA, Nashville, TN, Raleigh, NC, Tallahassee, FL, Toronto, ONIf this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
- 401(k) plan with matching company contributions
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
- Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
We’re here to create rewarding opportunities and amazing spaces around the globe where people can achieve their ambitions. In doing so, we are buildin...