Project Manager, EV Strategy & Implementation
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
To support our team’s ambitions, we are currently seeking to hire a Project Manager, EV Strategy & Implementation as part of our growing Electric Vehicle practice within our larger Sustainability Strategy team. This position will be based in North America (location flexible). Remote and hybrid work schedules available.
This opportunity will give you the access and authority to help high-profile, dynamic clients define and deploy strategies for electrifying their fleets and integrating EV infrastructure into corporate real estate portfolios in pursuit of triple bottom line value. This EV Strategy & Implementation role will work directly with clients to set a sound course for EV infrastructure investment and work with an internal delivery team to ensure quality of work and client satisfaction through planning, construction, and operation. You will leverage the experience gained in implementing EV charging and fleet electrification solutions in practice to advise investors and portfolio managers on the right sized investment scale, preferred implementation pathway, and best program management practices to position assets and end users for electrification. The role will involve developing and delivering strategies to:
- Define and articulate an ideal investment strategy (e.g. feasibility, scale, solution selection, business model evaluation, partnerships, capital planning, and deployment planning).
- Deploy EV charging services for investors/landlords and tenant/occupiers in residential, workplace, fleet and public use cases.
- electrify (high utilization) commercial fleets of tenants/occupiers in industrial & logistics.
- develop best practices for EV program management and analyze EV data (e.g., charger metrics, driver feedback, utility tariffs) to optimize program operations and uncover savings.
Our expectation is that you are as passionate about sustainability and electrification as we are; that you are committed to always exceeding your clients’ expectations and that you can demonstrate your excellent strategic thinking, team-working, communication, analytical and project management skills.
Our team’s priorities are:
- Delivering strategic solutions for clients
- Actively collaborating across platforms
- Developing our people and inspiring others
- Supporting ambitions beyond the workplace
- Applying new technology and data to drive change
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued, and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the requirements below. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
What this job involves
Leading projects and project teams that develop solutions to deploy EV infrastructure and integrated energy solutions that add value to investors, owners, and occupiers of the built environment.
The role will support the VP of EV Strategy to deliver electrification strategy projects through the lifecycle of project execution. This includes:
- Design and management of project schedules, client expectations, and deliverables.
- Ability to manage financial and technical aspects of delivering client projects, ensuring a professional relationship and the effective delivery of sustainability services to time and budget.
- Analyzing EV infrastructure data (e.g., single line diagrams, utility bills, charging data, survey data, regulatory requirements, rebate program requirements etc.) to define the opportunity and preferred scenarios for client investment.
- Developing and comparing projected business case scenarios that illustrate construction, contracting, and operating costs so that clients can make informed decisions.
- Advising clients on financial incentives, tax rebates, and other cost control measures.
- Representing client interests with JLL partners to ensure successful project delivery.
- Being able to sensitively challenge clients, through providing insights, future trends, and articulating the value of sustainability to businesses, with an understanding of future value creation.
- Working in a rigorous manner to deliver accurate, high quality, engaging and client-ready outputs.
- Building strong working relationships with clients and internal JLL sustainability team members.
In this role, you can expect most of the time and effort be focused on execution of projects and thrilling clients. In addition, the role will support business development activities (e.g., proposal writing, scoping, pricing) and lead matrixed professionals during project work but not be responsible for direct reports.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be/have:
- Passionate about EV infrastructure, integrated energy solutions, and consulting
- Relevant academic degree and/or masters or equivalent work experience (3-6 years) – e.g. science, technology and engineering with significant exposure to commercial decision making
- Proven track record in developing and implementing ambitious business improvement, innovation, and/or technology implementation strategies and programs either from a consultancy or in-house perspective
- Experience in developing and implementing EV charging services and/or fleet electrification programs with ideally a consultancy background is preferred
- Exceptional communication skills, with an ability to network and build strong client and internal relationships
- Exceptional project management experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and ideally experience developing holistic solutions in a business context
- Excellent team-working, and ability to mentor, manage and inspire your colleagues
- Flexible, hard-working and able to multi-task with ability to work to tight deadlines
Estimated compensation for this position is:
86,000.00 – 132,000.00 USDThe pay range listed is a total compensation range including bonus, if applicable. The provided range is an estimate and not guaranteed. An employment offer is based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, internal equity and alignment with market data.
Remote –Atlanta, GA, Austin, TX, Boston, MA, Calgary, AB, Charlotte, NC, Chicago, IL, Denver, CO, Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY, Raleigh, NC, San Diego, CA, San Francisco, CA, Toronto, ON, Washington, DCJob Tags:
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
- 401(k) plan with matching company contributions
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
- Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
We’re here to create rewarding opportunities and amazing spaces around the globe where people can achieve their ambitions. In doing so, we are buildin...