Senior Consultant, Net Zero Transformation - Carbon footprinting and digital platforms (Canada)
Eviden is an Atos Group business with an annual revenue of circa € 5 billion and a global leader in data-driven, trusted and sustainable digital transformation. As a next generation digital business with worldwide leading positions in digital, cloud, data, advanced computing and security, it brings deep expertise for all industries in more than 53 countries. By uniting unique high-end technologies across the full digital continuum with 57,000 world-class talents, Eviden expands the possibilities of data and technology, now and for generations to come.
EcoAct, an Atos company, is an international climate consultancy and project developer that supports companies to set robust science-aligned net-zero strategies and achieve their climate targets. Founded in France in 2005, the company now spans three continents with offices in Paris, London, Barcelona, New York, Montreal, Munich, Milan, and Kenya.
With a team of more than 300 international climate experts, EcoAct's core purpose is to lead the way in delivering sustainable business solutions that deliver true value for both climate and client. EcoAct is a CDP Gold Partner, a founding member of ICROA, a strategic partner in the implementation of the Gold Standard for the Global Goals and reports to the UN Global Compact.
About The Role
Our Advisory Team helps our clients create business value through emissions management and carbon strategy. Our service offering includes a suite of interventions that form the basis of our A to Zero go-to-market strategy, carefully designed to support each stage of the corporate Net Zero Transformation journey.
The Senior Consultant (Digital Platforms) will be required to contribute significantly to EcoAct’s Carbon Footprint service line while managing local and international teams to lead ongoing project delivery. A key part of this responsibility will be expanding our digital platforms expertise, including forging new partnerships with platform providers, organizing and leading staff training, and supporting business development in this area.
The successful candidate will join a team of collaborative and future-focused climate experts in a creative, warm, and inclusive work environment. Candidates should be considered experts in their area, with a passion for addressing climate-related business challenges.
- Managing client relationships with Fortune 500 companies at the highest level of seniority.
- Contributing to the Carbon Footprinting service line by developing methodologies, commercial strategies, training team members, and ensuring high quality deliverables across all North American projects.
- Leading the expansion of our digital platform capabilities and execute a go-to-market strategy for transitioning new and existing clients to digital footprinting systems.
- Leading teams of Consultants and Analysts to determine and maintain the strategic direction of client projects, ensuring exceptional delivery quality while guiding and developing individual team members.
- Leading business development opportunities with prospective and existing clients by responding to inbound messages, RFPs, and attending conferences.
- Managing 3 to 5 direct reports, providing guidance on performance, utilization, and career development.
Reporting to the Head of Advisory, the Senior Consultant will be required to work closely with all members of the team both in the North America business unit and globally, to achieve Company objectives. External relationships are a key part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with project teams, clients, and representatives from partner organisations.
Professional Background And Experience
Significant post-graduate experience of working within carbon and sustainability services, ideally demonstrated through client consulting engagements in the private sector.
Expertise on some of the following areas and a willingness to learn others is required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in a related field; Advanced Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of post-graduate experience in a climate-related role. Both consulting and in-house corporate experience are accepted.
- Significant experience developing complex corporate carbon footprints covering Scope 1 & 2 and all Scope 3 categories.
- Experience in assessing and implementing digital platforms for carbon footprinting. Familiarity with multiple platforms and their integration with existing corporate systems is preferred.
- A clear and applied understanding of corporate best practice in identifying, assessing, managing, and monitoring emissions over a multi-year timeframe.
- A strong understanding of current guidelines and upcoming developments in carbon accounting frameworks (e.g. GHG Protocol) and other frameworks that may influence accounting decisions (e.g. SBTi, proposed SEC climate-related disclosures).
- Strong commercial skills and comfort with leading large business deals with Fortune 500 clients, including the ability to coordinate responses to proposals, sell and deliver to new and existing clients.
- Experience of developing intellectual and commercial assets within the company, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Well-organized, with the ability to manage complex project deliveries, on time and within budget across multiple simultaneous client engagements.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to speak and present information with confidence in front of a senior audience, lead client workshops and represent EcoAct externally.
- Effective writing skills, with an ability to write concise, compelling, and well-structured documents and reports.
- An ability to create and maintain relationships with networks of existing and potential clients.
- Strong leadership and management skills and a team player with high personal and professional standards, who can mentor and motivate more junior staff.
The role will be based in either our Toronto or Montreal office, with a flexible blend of home and office working. Fully remote positions based outside of those locations are also possible. The successful applicant may be required to travel within North America and internationally on assignment (<10%).
Salary And Benefits
EcoAct know how important it is to look after our colleagues. As well as a competitive salary we offer Extended Health Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance (Personal and Dependent), AD&D Insurance, Short and Long term Disability and our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
EcoAct offers great opportunities for your personal development and career advancement. We offer a structured career development path with clear timelines and expectations for progression.
Working with our dedicated team of experts, you will gain a high standard of skills development and expertise, starting with our in-depth induction programme, through to ongoing technical training and an extensive range of learning and development opportunities.
Company culture is of great importance to us and is something that every member of EcoAct helps to create. Employee well-being is a key priority for us, and we recognise the importance of work-life balance and how EcoAct can be supportive of individual needs; working from home, working part-time or flexible start and finish times can all be accommodated.
Type of Employment
Let’s grow together.