Conservation & Energy Management (C&EM) Program Specialist
Location: Surrey, BC, CA Kelowna, BC, CA
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Workplace Flexibility: Yes
Posting End Date: December 1, 2022
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You're a master of workflows, and you know how to guide clients through an effortless customer journey. You're at your best when you collaborate and can harness others' insights to produce tangible process improvements and remarkable results. To top it all off, you're passionate about protecting our planet and are eager to apply your skills to a job that takes meaningful action in promoting sustainability and energy conservation.
This may be the perfect opportunity for you as our Conservation and Energy Management department is looking to hire a Program Specialist for the Commercial and Industrial Program Areas. Reporting to the Program Manager, this position is responsible for leading the development, implementation and ongoing administration of FortisBC’s C&EM projects/programs with goals of assisting commercial and industrial customers in reducing their electricity and natural gas consumption, energy costs and greenhouse gas emissions.
We want you to utilize your customer-centric vision to simplify customer experiences and leverage customer insights to improve the reach and satisfaction with our programs. This role will have its own unique needs and processes, which are vital for supporting our customers in reducing their energy consumption and carbon footprint.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the development, and implementation of new or revised C&EM programs/projects.
- Prepare business cases for new programs/projects or modifications to existing programs/projects including justification and cost-effectiveness analysis.
- Consult with other key FortisBC staff (e.g. Key Account Managers, Energy Solution Managers, Technical Advisors, etc.) to assist with the promotion of C&EM programs/projects to customers, contractors and vendors.
- Identify appropriate technologies and program/project eligibility guidelines for effective design that maximizes participation and natural gas savings while minimizing costs, liaising with internal and external parties.
- Identify and co-develop the collateral required to support the program/project and work with other groups (e.g. Corporate Communications, supporting vendors etc.) on developing communications plans for each program/project area as a whole.
- Oversee the ongoing administration of a suite of commercial and industrial energy efficiency and conservation programs/projects.
- Understand our strategic business priorities to effectively build working relationships with internal stakeholders and support partnerships with CleanBC, BC Hydro, and other utilities and associations.
- Execute detail-oriented tasks such as reporting, legal agreements, and Privacy Impact Assessments.
What it takes:
- Diploma in Marketing, Communications or a related discipline from a recognized program, plus a minimum of three (3) years of recent, related experience working with projects or program/project development.
- PMP/CEM Designation would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the principles of demand side management (DSM).
- Demonstrated customer service approach and relationship building skills with program stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills, and presentation skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Ability to work independently and with partners in a fast-paced environment with complex processes.
- A ‘get it done right’ and ‘can do’ perspective that fosters strengthened relationships through every engagement.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
In this role, you will have the option to participate in a flexible work program, enabling you to work from an approved flex location in British Columbia up to 85 days a year (equivalent to approximately two days a week), subject to business or operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.