Finance and Office Administrator (Part/Full Time)
Do you want to be part of a fun, passionate team that is working to be part of the solution to the climate crisis?
Do you enjoy working independently, appreciate flexibility and would like to work from home?
If you are a seasoned Finance Assistant and/or Office Administrator with a background supporting small to medium size businesses and enthusiastically answer yes to the questions above, you might be the next member of our team! FRESCo Building Efficiency is a creative, diverse, and high-achieving BC-based energy efficiency consulting company, that plans and implements solutions to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in buildings.
You know how to apply your broad finance and office administrative expertise to support our team and company operate effectively and make an impact every day. As the liaison working with an outsourced bookkeeping and accounting firm and FRESCo colleagues, you would gain a solid understanding of the daily transactions, financial administration and projects and services of FRESCo. You have the experience and skills to coordinate payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, monthly reconciliations, year-end financials and tax filings and other office and project administration tasks.
You will support our team with the delivery of a variety of consulting projects aimed at developing strategies for advancing sustainability in multi-family housing (market-rental, non-profits, and co-ops) and commercial buildings.
Your daily tasks and critical expectations include overall support to company daily operations including:
· Preparing invoices and general bookkeeping using project management software (Scoro) and QuickBooks Online (mandatory experience) including, but not limited to: payroll; basic accounts payable; account receivable; managing expense entry and reimbursement; account reconciliation with external bookkeeping firm; quarterly GST and PST filing.
· Supporting team members with tracking company expenses, time, revenue, etc.
· Helping produce internal company documents on processes, standards, and procedures (e.g., how-to guides, policies).
· Human resources administration including handling confidential information and files, onboarding, payroll for salary and hourly employees, tracking time off (vacation time, sick days, leave of absence), researching and resolving employment standards issues.
· IT support contact for company users and third-party IT vendors. Comfortable with technology, coordinating helpdesk requests, remote troubleshooting, and follow-up. Familiarity with Microsoft 365 administration preferred (Teams, Outlook, SharePoint, user license management, etc.).
· Scheduling meetings and company events.
· Other support for FRESCo projects and services.
Full time or part time based on the preference of the right candidate. Work hours would primarily during normal office hours with some flexibility to facilitate work-life balance. Most of your time will be spent working virtually with occasional in-person meetings as required in the Vancouver area. Must be a resident of British Columbia and live in the lower mainland.
Why Join Us?
· Be part of and learn from an industry leader in energy efficiency and greenhouse gas emissions reduction.
· Reduce environmental impacts of buildings and transition to a cleaner future.
· Ability to work from home.
· Competitive salary.
· Flexible hours of work.
· Creative environment.
· Work collaboratively as part of a supportive, diverse, and high-achieving team committed to making a difference in the environment.
Who You Are
· Hold environmental values while operating effectively in a for-profit business environment.
· Located in the Lower Mainland of BC.
· 5-10 years of related experience working in small to medium size companies with broad and increasing responsibilities supporting office administration and business financials.
· Proficient with QuickBooks Online.
· Experience with processing payroll. Experience with the payroll software.
· You understand the value of good working relationships and know when to take initiative or lend support.
· You have extraordinary attention to detail and accuracy.
· A solutions finder, resourceful and get the job done type of person.
· An enthusiastic individual seeking long-term commitment with a values-driven company.
· Value integrity, honesty, and responsibility, with a desire to contribute to a team.
· Have excellent English communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written) and excel at team collaboration.
· Process driven and methodical in your approach to completing projects from start to finish.
· Proficient in Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook and adept at learning new software.
· Thrive in a digital and remote environment and are comfortable with all forms of technology.
· Enjoy researching and implementing software solutions (e.g., human resources management software).
· Work well under pressure and tight timelines with an ability to multi-task.
· Have experience coordinating tasks and deliverables and setting your own priorities.
· Enjoy communicating with clients, business associates and co-workers in person, via phone, email, and virtual meetings.
· Experience working as the sole administrator in a company is an asset.
· Willing and able to pass a criminal record check.
If you have the required experience, are based in the Lower Mainland of BC and are available to start work by early January 2023, please apply by December 12th, 2022 through: https://frescoltd.bamboohr.com/careers/30. Your application should include a CV and cover letter outlining your hourly/annual salary expectations. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for consideration will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Your application has been successfully submitted.