We transform the way people use energy.
About the Organization
We’re a leading energy efficiency enterprise. We believe in the good things efficiency brings to our lives, and we come to work every day to make the world a better place – starting in our own province. We have successfully helped hundreds of thousands of families, businesses, non-profits, and institutions transform the way they use energy – and we will continue to lead the way in the transition to a low-carbon future. We are deeply committed to climate change and are a multi-year winner of Canada's Greenest Employers and Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers.
Our work has achieved more than $1 billion in energy savings and contributed over 24% of Nova Scotia’s GHG emission reductions since 2011. We’re passionate about ensuring that all Nova Scotians have equal access to our programs and understand that energy efficiency can help serve our communities and promote a socially equitable energy future. Find out more about how we are making an impact here: https://www.efficiencyone.ca/impact/.
Why you’ll love working here:
- A culture that understands there is life outside of work and cares about their employees
- An engaging, fun, and inclusive work environment
- A holistic benefits package that starts on day one
- Wellness initiatives and fitness challenges hosted throughout the year
- Corporate gym memberships
- Career growth and professional development opportunities
- Being part of a team contributing to Nova Scotia’s goal of net-zero carbon by 2050.
If you want to be part of an organization that has an ambitious plan to support the transition to net zero, and help to build a thriving, resilient future for Nova Scotians - then you belong here!
Want to know what it’s really like to work with us? Reach out to any one of our team members on LinkedIn to hear their firsthand experience at EfficiencyOne.
EfficiencyOne is looking for a Report Writer who will be responsible for managing the preparation/writing and issuance of all reports that Regulatory Affairs is accountable for, including governmental and internal operations reports. The Report Writer is responsible for ensuring reports are developed and written using the most appropriate method and tools available and that quality reports are implemented, which achieve the organization’s objectives and business goals.
A snapshot of what you will be involved with:
- Write, prepare, and issue all reports that the Regulatory Affairs department is responsible for, including but not limited to the following:
>Quarterly and Annual Demand Side Management Progress Reports, which are filed with the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board
>Quarterly and Annual Provincial Government Reports which are submitted to the Provincial Government
>Quarterly and Annual Federal Government Reports which are submitted to the Federal Government
Monthly and Quarterly Internal Operations Reports
>Ad hoc reporting requirements
>Other E1 regulatory filings and activities
- Developing and maintaining close and effective working relationships with both report contributors and recipients, understanding their informational and operational needs, and making re-writes when necessary, while ensuring they are informed of reporting requirements and commitments.
- Ensuring quality report implementations by developing, documenting, utilizing, and enforcing the use of reporting policies and procedures that meet objectives and business goals.
- Managing Reporting activities and representation during business meetings to understand and ensure needed information is delivered which meets strategies and business goals.
What Will Help You Succeed?
- A Bachelor’s degree in commerce or a related field (e.g., policy, law, strategy, government, or stakeholder relations) or an equivalent combination of education, work experience, and/or senior administrative support.
- Experience developing, preparing, writing, editing, and draft-proofing internal and external corporate reports
- Previous knowledge/experience within a regulatory environment working in a report writing capacity
- Comfortable analyzing large data sets in Excel or modeling software and working with complex documents
- Experience with and proficiency with all MS Office applications (including Teams)
- A commitment to quality and investing in results that add value and drive the business with solid critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, superior editing skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize deliverables, meet tight deadlines, and work independently or within a team
- Thrive within a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
A writing sample will be requested
What to expect in your first several weeks on the job:
In the first week, expect to:
- Meet the team and learn what Regulatory Affairs does (purpose and responsibilities)
- Learn who our stakeholders are and what they do
- Review the 2022 and 2023 Regulatory Affairs calendar to understand the upcoming activities, particularly reporting timelines.
In the first month, expect to:
- Become familiar with the current routine reporting that Regulatory Affairs is responsible for – become familiar with the current reports, reporting requirements, reporting processes, and audiences.
- Clearly understand various roles and responsibilities as related to this role (Regulatory Affairs, Engineering & Planning, Information & Analytics, Finance, Services, and External stakeholders).
- Dive into report management, writing, editing, and development; you will learn how to use Planner, SharePoint, and Teams.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Prepare/write, edit, draft proofing internal and external reports
- Prepare filling materials
- Begin to identify opportunities for streamlining and process improvements as related to reporting development and execution.
EfficiencyOne is committed to fostering a culture that is supportive and values others, one that is grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, persons of minority sexual orientations, and gender identities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work with us. Make your friends green with envy