Decarbonization Strategy & Policy Consultant
Decarbonization Strategy & Policy Consultant
(Full-and-part-time positions available at varying levels of seniority; work from home)
- Are you passionate about reducing energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in existing buildings?
- Do you want to be part of a team that is playing a leadership role in the transition to a low carbon future?
- Do you enjoy working independently, appreciate flexibility, and enjoy working from home?
- Are you based in British Columbia (Canada)?
If so, you might be the next member of FRESCo’s team! We are a creative, diverse, and dynamic BC-based consulting company that plans and implements strategies for reducing energy use and emissions in buildings.
We’re looking for an experienced individual to help us with the development of strategies and policies for decarbonizing buildings. We work with governments, utilities, social housing sector, industry and building owners/managers on the development and implementation of such strategies and policies. This includes technical and non-technical issues related to multi-unit residential & commercial building retrofits including efficiency, emissions, affordability, reliance, and occupant health and comfort. The role includes a mix of research, stakeholder engagement, strategy development, report writing, and the development and delivery of presentations. This includes:
- Research on best practices, emerging technologies, retrofit projects barriers, lessons learned and success stories, programs/policies in other jurisdictions, emerging technologies, load management, building resilience, consumer benefits, building stock data, industry capacity, training, etc.
- Collaboration with our engineering, energy assessment and management team (and other stakeholders) to incorporate learnings from the field into policy and program recommendations (and vice versa).
- Analysis of data and research related to the impacts of different strategies on GHG reductions, retrofit capital and operational costs and the practicality and feasibility of technical solutions and policy solutions.
- Stakeholder engagement including interviews, workshops, etc.
- Contribute to the development of programs, strategies and policy options that can support market transformation.
- Producing well-written professional reports and presentations.
- Working independently and in collaboration with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Helping manage projects to ensure they are completed on time and on budget.
- Supporting the FRESCo team on other projects and services.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years’ related experience.
- Familiarity with utility and government programs/policies for energy use and emissions reductions, is a strong benefit but not required.
- Proficient at working with Microsoft Word & Excel, and adept at using other software as required.
- Very strong writing and editing skills.
Who you are:
- You have a passion for making positive change and a strong desire to address climate, energy, and housing crisis.
- You want to work with other passionate, driven, people that have years of experience taking a leadership role in transformational change.
- You are based in British Columbia, Canada.
- You have strong analytical skills, are organized, and know how to acquire and sift through data in a way that simplifies an otherwise complex picture.
- You are comfortable both working independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills (in English) and demonstrated experience writing high quality reports (examples may be requested).
- You work well under pressure and know how to balance timeline expectations with quality results.
- You are always looking to learn and grow and take on new challenges and opportunities. You want to work with your colleagues to change the world, and you know that it isn’t easy.
- You work hard, but also prioritize work-life balance. You make sure your work is top quality and your deadlines are met, while still making time to pursue your personal passions.
- You are flexible, able and willing to take on a wide range of projects.
- You may be very experienced or early in your career – but possess all the characteristics identified above.
Work Availability: Work from your home office (permanently). This is a full-time position. Part-time work options may be available for the right individual. Periodic in-person meetings required (usually in Vancouver).
Why Join FRESCo?
- Be part of and learn from an industry leader in energy efficiency and decarbonization.
- Work on exciting projects that are reducing environmental impact and transitioning to a sustainable future.
- Ability to work from home.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work hours for a good work-life balance.
- Be part of a collaborative, supportive, diverse, and dynamic team.
If you have the required experience, are based in British Columbia Canada, and are available to start work in January 2023, please apply by December 16th, 2022 through https://frescoltd.bamboohr.com/careers/31. We recommend applying early as interviews may commence prior to posting deadline. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for consideration will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Your application has been successfully submitted.