Knowledge Mobilization Officer
Title: Knowledge Mobilization Officer
Location: Remote, anywhere in Canada
Details: Full-time, virtual role
Compensation: To be negotiated
Application: Applicants interested in this position are invited to forward their resume, covering letter, 2 samples of writing (various formats and outlets accepted) in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put ‘Knowledge Mobilization Officer’ in the subject line.
The Transition Accelerator is a pan-Canadian charity dedicated to solving business and social challenges, while building deep emissions reductions into the solutions.
About the role
Do you enjoy writing in various formats and care about helping Canada reach its emissions targets? Do you want to work with a team of exceptionally talented and bright people to make a real difference in the world? The Transition Accelerator is looking for an individual with writing and analytical skills to play a key role in accelerating Canada’s transition to a net zero world.
Candidates for this position must reflect the values of The Transition Accelerator. These values include:
- Embracing a positive, forward-thinking attitude in an often-unstructured environment with multiple unknown technical and practical variables
- Working collaboratively with individuals sometimes having diverse and opposing views
- Grounding all work in evidence-based analyses and sound technical practices
- Hard working, with attention to detail and a skill in communicating complex insights to a broad audience
- Embracing a multi-disciplinary and pluralistic approach, with the ability to quickly change direction and opinions based on new evidence
- Focusing on innovation over status-quo
- A can-do attitude with a commitment to help drive change
Responsibilities and Focus Areas
The Knowledge Mobilization Officer will work under the responsibility of the Director of Knowledge Mobilization, in close partnership with the Director of Communications.
The Transition Accelerator is looking for a writer and content creator who has the ability to turn complex concepts into accessible language, and to engage with various audiences. In this position, you will work to promote the Transition Accelerator’s research and expertise through several formats, including events and courses. By doing research and creating content for courses, grants, presentations, webpages, and webinars, you will support the organization’s visibility and knowledge mobilization efforts. Responsibilities of the Knowledge Mobilization Officer will also include research, stakeholder mapping, and coordination in support of the engagement activities.
Qualifications, Expertise, and Personal Traits
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, work experience and personal traits:
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Master’s degree preferred in a topic related to the transition to net zero
- Strong research and analytical skills with the ability to summarize complex information
- Proven skills and experience in writing for non-expert audiences and engagement activities
- Proficient in the use of standard office applications
- Awareness of and interest in transition to net zero challenges and solutions
- Good ability to be independent, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative team player, with a deep curiosity for understanding and solving complex problems
- Excellent attention to detail, planning and project coordination skills
- Demonstrated initiative and self-starting qualities. Ability to work independently, establish priorities, meet deadlines and work on a number of different initiatives concurrently
- Business-level fluency in both official languages is preferred
- Some travel may be required
Applicants interested in this position are invited to forward their resume, covering letter, 2 samples of writing (various formats and outlets accepted) in one PDF to email@example.com. Please put ‘Knowledge Mobilization Officer’ in the subject line. The position has a competitive compensation package benchmarked to sector standards.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Transition Accelerator is a pan-Canadian organization that works to identify and advance viable pathways to Canada's 2050 climate targets