Electrical Equipment Testing & Installation Engineer
Welcome to a place where people are at the heart of everything we do.
Welcome to people who like people, to brilliant minds, tomorrow’s visionaries, challenge seekers, collaborators, and those with an entrepreneurial spirit in their DNA.
At CIMA+, you’ll find a place where everyone’s ideas and perspectives are welcomed and encouraged, a place where you’ll have many opportunities to learn and develop while working on projects that rally our team together, where you can proudly become a company shareholder.
At CIMA+, we give you the freedom and flexibility to manage your work on your own terms and define what work-life balance means to you.
At the end of the day, we’re proud to be able to say that when you join CIMA+, we’ll welcome you into a place that you can call home.
As an engineer you will actively participate in projects for the construction of new, and reconstruction of existing hydropower plants. More specifically, you will participate in the design of high-power switchgear and controlgear. This is a good opportunity to showcase your technical skills in the framework of power generation and distribution projects. You will be able to work in the office or under our hybrid work model (combination of telework and office work).
- Design electrical power systems, as well as their layout in the framework of various hydropower plant projects.
- Participate in the development of power systems, including diagrams and drawings for the implementation of switchgear and controlgear, such as medium voltage cabinets, control panels, power distribution centres, etc.
- Prepare project deliverables, such as drawings (top view, elevation), including detailed drawings, various layouts, diagrams, etc.
- Perform or validate calculations for equipment sizing, selection of power cable gauges, etc.
- Select material and calculate quantities.
- Coordinate electrical work with other engineering disciplines, such as structural, civil, control and protection, auxiliary mechanics, heavy mechanics, building and architecture.
- University degree in electrical engineering
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
- More than five years of experience
- Knowledge of the standards established by Hydro-Québec or other public utility (an asset)
- Knowledge of power distribution - methods, practices and tools used in the design of power systems
- Practical knowledge of design software (AutoCAD and others)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in French (English – an asset)
- Knowledge of applicable design standards and codes, including the Quebec Electrical Code
- Resourcefulness, motivation, enthusiasm, and strong will to deliver successful projects
Ethics and integrity are fundamental values at CIMA+, and we are looking for people who uphold these principles. We are committed to creating opportunities for all our talents to contribute to the firm’s success, develop and grow, regardless of cultural or other differences. We fully endorse employment equity principles and encourage women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply for any position offered at CIMA+. Adaptation measures are provided upon request to facilitate participation in the recruitment process.
For more information about this job offer, please contact Ven Thambithurai
Your application has been successfully submitted.