Engineer in Training (EIT) – Traffic Engineering
Welcome to a place where people are at the heart of everything we do.
Welcome to people who like people, to brilliant minds, tomorrow’s visionaries, challenge seekers, collaborators, and those with an entrepreneurial spirit in their DNA.
At CIMA+, you’ll find a place where everyone’s ideas and perspectives are welcomed and encouraged, a place where you’ll have many opportunities to learn and develop while working on projects that rally our team together, where you can proudly become a company shareholder.
At CIMA+, we give you the freedom and flexibility to manage your work on your own terms and define what work-life balance means to you.
At the end of the day, we’re proud to be able to say that when you join CIMA+, we’ll welcome you into a place that you can call home.
We are seeking to hire an Engineer in training (EIT) to support our expanding traffic and roadway safety practice in Ontario. You will have the opportunity to broaden your experience by working with many aspects of transportation, including traffic operational studies, roadway and railway safety reviews, development of guidelines and policy papers, and consultation with different stakeholders
You will have the opportunity to take part in our hybrid work model that includes flexible work hours, working from home and in any one of our southern Ontario offices – Burlington, Mississauga, or Kitchener.
- Assist the transportation project team on traffic operational and safety studies
- Undertake technical analysis, using tools such as VISSIM, AIMSUN, Synchro, GIS, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations related to current or prospective projects
- Conduct site visits and field surveys
- Prepare stakeholder consultation material and presentation
- Bachelor’s degree (B.Eng.) in Civil Engineering
- Registered as an EIT with Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) or licensed by PEO as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario
- 1 year of experience in transportation
- Working experience and knowledge in a broad range of transportation studies, including traffic safety and operational studies
- Knowledge of the provincial and national guidelines and manuals, including Ontario Traffic Manuals, MUTCDC, Highway Safety Manual, and different TAC guidelines
- Well-developed written and communication skills with the ability to integrate illustrations and diagrams into written materials to communicate technical information to a variety of audiences
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A valid Ontario driver’s license
Ethics and integrity are fundamental values at CIMA+, and we are looking for people who uphold these principles. We are committed to creating opportunities for all our talents to contribute to the firm’s success, develop and grow, regardless of cultural or other differences. We fully endorse employment equity principles and encourage women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply for any position offered at CIMA+. Adaptation measures are provided upon request to facilitate participation in the recruitment process.
For more information about this job offer, please contact Alina Souralay
Your application has been successfully submitted.