Senior Water Resource Engineer
Morrison Hershfield is a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering and management firm located throughout the US and Canada. We are a dynamic, employee-owned, team-oriented firm with a diverse project list that ensures you will be working on exciting, high-profile and challenging projects. For more than 75 years, the people at Morrison Hershfield have been the leading force behind our continuous growth and the expansion of our services.
Here at Morrison Hershfield, we are committed to providing flexible work arrangements, to assist employees in fulfilling their multiple responsibilities at work, at home and in the community. Flexible work arrangements provide additional options for work schedules and locations. As we focus on project delivery, clients and staff, we have several working options available for working at Morrison Hershfield.
Morrison Hershfield is a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm located throughout the US and Canada. We are a dynamic, employee-owned, team-oriented firm with a diverse project list that ensures you will be working on exciting, high-profile and challenging projects. At Morrison Hershfield we believe that new development and redevelopment should be creative, innovative, and environmentally compatible. Our goal is to ensure the development of safe, reliable and sustainable infrastructure to serve communities throughout northern BC and Yukon. From concept development through to operations and management, we provide a full range of water resource engineering services, including hydrological studies, hydraulic structures design, erosion and bank protection and hydropower projects.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Water Resource Engineer to complement our team in either our Vancouver or Whitehorse office. The qualified applicant will have an opportunity to contribute to a wide variety of interesting civil-environmental engineering projects in support of highway/roads, stormwater management, municipal servicing, and hydrologic and hydraulic assessments for planning level and design assignments within the hydropower, transportation, and municipal infrastructure business sectors.Responsibilities:
- Project engineering of water resources projects including hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, design of hydraulic structures, flood management and mitigation, and erosion mitigation
- Opportunity to participate in the preparation of complex hydrologic studies examining flood impacts, floodplain mapping and flood mitigation, natural drainage systems and river engineering studies
- Pre-feasibility and feasibility studies for hydropower projects
- Develop and coordinate field inspection, reconnaissance, data collection and monitoring programs
- Project management of projects, including scope, schedule, and budget management
- Lead teams to execute projects
- Meet with clients and stakeholders to understand and execute deliverables
- Support or conduct formal presentations to clients and/or management
- Develop project proposals, client relationships, and new business opportunities
- Write technical reports
- Prepare and write proposals
- Input to the career development of more junior staff, including technical direction, and training recommendations, coaching and mentoring
- A Bachelor's degree in Water Resources, Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of professional work experience in water resources
- Eligible to be licensed to practice as a professional engineer in Yukon or British Columbia, or upon the completion of the mandatory work requirement
- P. Eng designation is preferred
- A thorough knowledge of current technology and the capabilities and efficiencies of specific engineering software (EPA/PC-SWMM, HEC-RAS, SWMHYMO, Visual OTTHYMO, InfoWorks, GIS, Civil3D) for use in completing engineering assignments
- Analyses to support the design of stormwater management systems, culverts, bridges, sewers and open channel systems
- Understanding of Water Resources Engineering and related Federal Provincial and local water management policies
- Strong communication, report writing, organization and interpersonal skills
- Valid driver’s license
RegularMorrison Hershfield is committed to having an inclusive and diverse workforce, with recruitment free of discrimination, ensuring all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.