Senior Structural Engineer
Morrison Hershfield is a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering and management firm located throughout the US and Canada. We are a dynamic, employee-owned, team-oriented firm with a diverse project list that ensures you will be working on exciting, high-profile and challenging projects. For more than 75 years, the people at Morrison Hershfield have been the leading force behind our continuous growth and the expansion of our services.
Here at Morrison Hershfield, we are committed to providing flexible work arrangements, to assist employees in fulfilling their multiple responsibilities at work, at home and in the community. Flexible work arrangements provide additional options for work schedules and locations. As we focus on project delivery, clients and staff, we have several working options available for working at Morrison Hershfield.
Morrison Hershfield provides integrated solutions to institutional, industrial and commercial clients who require reliable and cost effective systems in both new and retrofit facilities. The combined skills of our engineers, technicians and support personnel with their diverse backgrounds in design and construction provide clients with a team recognized as leaders in the field. Morrison Hershfield's Buildings and Facilities Engineering Group has earned an exceptional reputation through its multiple multi-disciplined projects in numerous industries in across Canada. Our Alberta group is looking for a Structural Engineer to join our growing team.Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibility is as a technical leader to support the current team in both Alberta offices (Calgary and Edmonton)
- Act as senior structural lead and designer for small, medium and large sized engineering assignments, with intent to develop skills towards a potential discipline lead role for larger projects
- Attend site visits related to pre-design information gathering, construction and postconstruction review
- Coordinate work with other disciplines including architectural, mechanical, electrical groups
- Analysis, evaluate and determine appropriate design solutions for all type of structures
- Direct CAD/Revit team for drawing preparation and review deliverables prior to submission to client
- Prepare and review technical reports, tender documents and cost estimate
- Provide tender evaluations and/or construction engineering services
- Work within assigned project budgets and schedules
- Mentor junior staff with regards to project work
- Manage projects within the structural group both in Calgary and Edmonton
- Support the Business Development team in writing proposals for all types of projects
- Meet and cultivate relationships with new and existing clients.
- B.Sc. or B.Eng. in civil/structural engineering, with strong interest and experience in buildings
- P.Eng. status and 10+ years of proven experience in design using Canadian codes and design standards. The majority of the experience should be in the consulting industry with buildings structures
- Interest in working both in the office and the field environment
- Ability to perform outdoor physical duties while doing inspection work
- Valid driver's license
- Strong computer skills, including experience with structural engineering FEA software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Able to work in a team environment and excel in multi-disciplined projects
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to mentor technical development of others
- Works well with minimal direct supervision
- Exercises independent judgment
RegularMorrison Hershfield is committed to having an inclusive and diverse workforce, with recruitment free of discrimination, ensuring all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.