Summer Student - Environmental Specialist
SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Reclamation, Remediation and Risk Management (RRRM) Division as an Environmental Specialist (Summer Student) (Competition #22-11-0598) based out of Alberta or Saskatchewan. This position is full-time and will require both field and office work in Lloydminster.
You will carry out your duties in consultation with RRRM Project Managers on all matters. The primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Organize/manage work plans for selected Oil & Gas and Energy Sector clients
- Schedule and follow up with office staff to ensure field and office work is completed as required
- Draft, review and submit daily field reports, diagrams, and site observations as well as make site recommendations.
- The job entails a significant amount of vegetation management and other reclamation work and assessments.
Candidates must be prepared to work in a multidisciplinary, fast paced project team environment and be able to undertake a variety of project tasks related to RRRM.
The ability and willingness to facilitate and participate in efficient and regular communications with remote Project Managers and team leads is required.
You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic team of Professional Engineers, Biologists, Chemists and Agrologists, technical administrators, business development professionals, and an in-house IT department.
- University degree or college diploma from a recognized institution, with a specialty in environmental science, agrology, biology, or related field; or current enrollment in an environmental program at a university or college in Alberta or Saskatchewan
- Experience or core knowledge in environmental studies, wetland identification, soils identification and classification, vegetation identification and classification, and reclamation
- Pesticide applicator certification is an asset
- Ability to take initiative and ownership and work independently
- Excellent multitasking and problem-solving skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote work locations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision when required
- Experience with office software including MS-Outlook, MS-Excel, and MS-Word
- Registration, or eligibility for registration, with a relevant professional organization (e.g. APEGA, APEGS, AIA, SIA, ASPB)
Summit, An Earth Services Company has become the industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
“To build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.”