Analyst, Net Zero Transformation (Canada)
EcoAct, an Atos Company, is an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organizations meet the demands of the Paris Agreement. As a trusted advisor and partner to our clients, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability, empower individuals and teams, and deploy bespoke solutions integrated into entire value chains.
We exist to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance delivering economic, social and environmental value.
About The Role
Our Advisory Team helps our clients create business value through emissions management and carbon strategy. Our service offering includes a suite of interventions that form the basis of our A to Zero go-to-market strategy, carefully designed to support each stage of the corporate Net Zero Transformation journey.
Reporting to Senior and Managing Consultants within our Advisory Team, the Analyst will be required to work closely with members of the local and international teams to support ongoing project delivery and help meet client needs. External relationships will be an important part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with project teams, clients, overseas offices, and representatives from partner organizations.
The successful candidate will join a team of collaborative and future-focused climate experts in a creative, warm, and inclusive work environment. Candidates should have a propensity to learn new skills/subjects and a passion for addressing climate-related business challenges.
- Analyzing client data to generate insights and narratives to support climate strategy development.
- Performing in-depth research and incorporating findings into client deliverables.
- Executing technical calculations of client’s climate impact, risks, and opportunities.
- Supporting development of client presentations and reports.
- You will also gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to EcoAct.
- You will receive ongoing training, frequent coaching, and mentoring from colleagues and senior leaders on your teams.
At EcoAct we have two levels for Analysts (A1/A2). A1 Analysts may be recent graduates with 0-1 year of relevant professional experience. A2 Analysts typically have acquired 1-3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in a related field; Advanced Degree a plus.
- Knowledge of climate change, energy, and sustainability gained through a degree in a related subject. Relevant coursework in one or more of the following areas preferred Data Analytics, Sustainability, Supply Chain, Environmental Science, Carbon Management & Accounting, and Engineering.
- Full-time or internship work experience in one or more of EcoAct’s practice areas.
- Awareness of carbon accounting frameworks (e.g., ISO 14064, GHG Protocol) and sustainability reporting standards and platforms (e.g., CDP, SASB, TCFD, CSRD).
- Rigorous research skills, with proven ability to conduct extensive fundamental research and to write clearly and concisely.
- Excellent analytical skills, with a problem-solving mindset and impeccable attention to detail.
- Effective communication, with the ability to work with senior stakeholders, being credible, proactive and persuasive.
- Strong time management skills with proven ability to contribute to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Curious and creative, open for new topics, ideas, skills and able to provide a unique and original perspective.
- Readiness to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural and hybrid-remote environment.
The role will be based in either our Toronto or Montreal office, with a flexible blend of home and office working. Fully remote positions based outside of those locations a possibility. The successful applicant may be required to travel within North America and internationally on assignment (<10%).
Your application has been successfully submitted.