Clean Energy Advisor
Edison Energy is a global energy advisory firm that helps large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better navigate the choices, opportunities, and risks that will emerge from the transition to a net-zero future.
As stakeholder expectations around corporate sustainability increase, Edison helps companies rise to this challenge by designing and implementing individualized strategies, projects, and programs across sustainability, renewables, transportation electrification, energy optimization, and energy supply.
Edison enables organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial, and sustainability goals by addressing today’s key energy challenges: carbon, cost, complexity, and creating energy equity across communities.
Edison Energy LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX) and does business in Europe as Altenex Energy .
The Clean Energy team is responsible for advising clients (many of the Fortune 50 companies) on renewable energy procurements. This job would serve Edison’s clients seeking renewables advisory services for the United States (U.S.).
This position serves as an extension of the client’s internal team, aiding in energy and sustainability education, strategy setting, risk analysis, renewable energy procurement, and deal approval support. The team works as a partner to the client’s internal energy and sustainability teams – analyzing the client’s U.S. electricity portfolio to understand how new renewable energy contracts would interact with the existing energy strategy and load, educating stakeholders and executives on options for buying clean energy, developing a cohesive strategy and project plan, coordinating internally to execute on the project plan, presenting analysis on the most favorable wind or solar projects, and supporting commercial discussions as well as executive approvals of a definitive agreement.
The Clean Energy Advisor is responsible for delivering high-quality advisory service to clients, maintaining relationships with key renewable developers and clients, and leading important initiatives for the Edison clean energy team.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage client relationships by delivering high quality, timely and value-added services
- Serve as a subject matter expert on U.S. renewable energy development, U.S. energy markets, renewable power marketing and/or other energy-related subjects
- Lead client-facing meetings, often with senior executives, and create high-quality materials to accompany meetings
- Manage engagement scopes and timelines, coordinating with internal and external teams to support client work
- Evaluate renewable projects, market price forecasts, client electricity load information, and electricity market dynamics to deliver recommendations to clients and identify key risks to be mitigated
- Interpret renewable energy contracts, structures, and pricing data
- Generate collateral and contribute to sales calls with new renewable energy client prospects
- Manage relationships with key developer contacts
- 4-8 years of experience at any of the following, serving U.S. markets: renewable developer, energy management team at a corporation or institution, consulting or private equity firm focusing on energy or renewables, utility or retailer
- Comprehensive understanding of U.S. wholesale and retail energy markets, U.S. renewable energy development and/or corporate energy procurement strategies
- Must be a strong communicator, both in writing and in presentation skills, as the role involves significant senior level client interaction
- Must possess strong analytical skills to understand energy market fundamentals and translate data into commercial strategies and advice for clients
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple client engagements
- Ability to understand renewables contracts, such as power purchase agreements
- Regular professional, office business setting
- Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
- Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Edison Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
The Company is now requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, both for safety and business reasons. During the final stage of the interview process you will be required to disclose your COVID vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources. The Company will consider requests for exemptions from the vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons, though not all such requests will necessarily be approved.
NOTE: Edison Energy Group is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy Group is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Creating a sustainable, resilient, and equitable net zero future.