The Energy Analyst is an integral member of a highly collaborative team, working towards QuadReal’s mandate to be a global sustainability leader. Reporting into the Thermal Energy Manager, the role of Energy Analyst is an entry level position responsible for providing reporting and analytical support encompassing utility management, energy & sustainability reporting metrics and portfolio key performance indicators. It is a 1-year contract role (37.5 hours/week), with a high likelihood of renewal for another year or becoming permanent based on the candidate’s performance in the role, especially natural gas savings delivered.
Located in Vancouver, the Energy Analyst will work directly with QuadReal properties to identify utility saving opportunities, submit incentive applications, and analyze energy and water consumption, with a focus on reducing the portfolio’s carbon emissions. This individual will have a passion for mitigating climate change and a strong desire to support QuadReal on its sustainability journey.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly energy performance reviews of properties across all asset classes to identify potential projects and opportunities that will result in utility savings
- Proactively manage the RealTargets module of QuadReal’s energy management platform to assist properties in capital planning and meeting energy, water, and GHG reduction targets
- Assist with incentive applications starting from project identification all the way through to implementation
- Update QuadReal’s Strategic Energy Management Plan (SEMP) on an annual basis and support its roll out to individual property teams
- Support QuadReal’s water saving strategy through the implementation of water interval meters and other efficiency projects at all its buildings, with a focus on domestic hot water savings
- Work with Operations and Asset Management on existing buildings to manage capital and operational utility saving projects through their lifecycle: from scope definition, financial justification, project management, monitoring and verification.
- Perform other duties as required
Experience, Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in applied science, engineering, business, computer science, math, or data analytics. Additional courses related to building science, accounting, bookkeeping, sustainability, and energy efficiency is an asset
- An interest in energy efficiency/renewable energy demonstrated through qualifications, volunteering work experience or a combination
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- High level of proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Portfolio Manager, Retscreen, Zigbee or other controls protocols or equivalent energy software is an asset
- Experience with delivering reports and presenting numerical, financial, and statistical information
- A strong interest in energy efficiency, sustainable building design, building controls, HVAC, and data analytics
- Demonstrable understanding of fundamentals of building science, heat transfer, and thermodynamics
- Knowledge of green building programs and energy-efficient building principles
- Experience with energy modeling software such as HOT2000, eQuest, OpenStudio, EnergyPlus, and/or Design Builder is an asset
QuadReal Property Group will provide reasonable accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process for applicants with disabilities or for those needing job postings in an alternate format. If you require accommodation, please advise the Talent Acquisition team member you are working with and include the following: Job posting #, your name and your preferred method of contact.
QuadReal has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for everyone working in our offices or sites. Accordingly, a successful candidate offered employment at QuadReal will need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to commencing employment, subject exemptions permitted under applicable employment and human rights legislation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are a Canadian company with a global perspective, that is entrepreneurial, ambitious and focused on developing exceptional communities where people...