Graduate Engineering Assistant, Structures
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Our EDO (Engineering Design Organization) is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to take on the role of Engineering Assistant, Structures in our Waterloo location.
Reporting to the EDO Structural Team Leader and as a member of the EDO team, the successful candidate will contribute to and be responsible for all structural engineering aspects of multi-discipline projects in various markets and businesses assisting licensed engineers.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Providing support to Structural and Lead Design Engineers for various ongoing projects
- Developing design documents including technical drawings, specifications, and contract documents
- Preparation and delivery of project presentations
- Technical report development including inspections and assessments, asset management, health and safety, environmental assessments, and design reports
- On-site inspection and assessment activities of various client infrastructure
- Construction liaison activities including on-site inspections, construction oversight, and construction contract administration assistance
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Engineering (Civil or Structural)
- Eligible to become a Registered Professional Engineer in Ontario
- experience within the structural engineering industry
- Strong technical report writing and communication skills
- Strong computer skills including experience with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project, Adobe, and are familiar with AutoCAD
- Experience and interest in infrastructure with a focus on structures and structural facilities
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are committed to addressing the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and communities.