Construction Project Manager - Transportation
Welcome to people who like people, to brilliant minds, tomorrow’s visionaries, challenge seekers, collaborators, and those with an entrepreneurial spirit in their DNA.
At CIMA+, you’ll find a place where everyone’s ideas and perspectives are welcomed and encouraged, a place where you’ll have many opportunities to learn and develop while working on projects that rally our team together, where you can proudly become a company shareholder.
At CIMA+, we give you the freedom and flexibility to manage your work on your own terms and define what work-life balance means to you.
At the end of the day, we’re proud to be able to say that when you join CIMA+, we’ll welcome you into a place that you can call home.
We are seeking for a Construction Project Manager to join our growing Transportation team in Edmonton. You will primarily be responsible for contract administration on transportation construction projects and will report to the Delivery Project Manager. You may also be required to carry out assignments in the office including contract preparation, tender evaluations, risk assessments and advise on procurement strategies.
This role will be a combination of office-based and field-based work in Edmonton. Remote work may be required.
- Responsible for contract administration for the Edmonton region projects including assessing contractor’s invoices
- Monitoring and reporting on Contractor’s progress versus the contract schedule
- Responsible for managing the swift response to Requests For Information and timely reviews of construction submissions
- Monitor the transportation construction activities
- Participate in the production of, comment on and evaluate tender documents and submissions
- Manage the production of as built plans and documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related Construction Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience of large scale and complex projects
- 10 years of pertinent experience in Transportation Construction Project Management combined with Alberta Transportation experience
- Experience with the City of Edmonton and Alberta Transportation.
- Experience in utilities
- Experience in cost estimating, budgeting, contract administration and project administration on major projects
- Knowledge of Office 360 including Excel, MS Projects, or other related scheduling software
- Strong Leadership skills, team spirit and a capacity for finding solutions to work-related problems
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with peers, management, and contractors/suppliers
- Excellent time-management skills; ability to prioritize and executive multiple tasks quickly
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written)
Ethics and integrity are fundamental values at CIMA+, and we are looking for people who uphold these principles. We are committed to creating opportunities for all our talents to contribute to the firm’s success, develop and grow, regardless of cultural or other differences. We fully endorse employment equity principles and encourage women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply for any position offered at CIMA+. Adaptation measures are provided upon request to facilitate participation in the recruitment process.
For more information about this job offer, please contact Alina Souralay
Your application has been successfully submitted.