Transportation Design Engineer
Welcome to people who like people, to brilliant minds, tomorrow’s visionaries, challenge seekers, collaborators, and those with an entrepreneurial spirit in their DNA.
At CIMA+, you’ll find a place where everyone’s ideas and perspectives are welcomed and encouraged, a place where you’ll have many opportunities to learn and develop while working on projects that rally our team together, where you can proudly become a company shareholder.
At CIMA+, we give you the freedom and flexibility to manage your work on your own terms and define what work-life balance means to you.
At the end of the day, we’re proud to be able to say that when you join CIMA+, we’ll welcome you into a place that you can call home.
We are looking for a Transportation Design Engineer for our Edmonton office to support our growing Transportation Team. You will be involved in urban and rural road design, and you will also be responsible for the preparation of functional, preliminary, and detailed design drawings, cost estimates and contract document specifications.
- Lead the development for conceptual and detailed design of civil projects related to local and regional roadway construction/reconstruction including rural highways and urban roads
- Apply CAD/Civil 3D or Bentley OpenRoads knowledge to municipal engineering and road construction/reconstruction projects from concept to completion
- Lead the preparation of conceptual design drawings and reports, preliminary and detailed design drawings and reports, contract documents, specifications, tender quantities, construction cost estimates and budgets
- Lead the completion of technical design reports, studies, and applications for permits and approvals
- Provide direction to Junior Engineers and Technologists
- 10 years of relevant experience in transportation/ municipal design
- Degree in Engineering from a Canadian accredited University
- Licensed by the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) as a Professional Engineer
- Strong working experience of AutoCAD Civil3D or Bentley OpenRoads
- Strong working experience of MS Office (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Strong ability to interpret engineering drawings and documents, e.g. plans and profiles, specifications, etc.
- Familiarity with TAC design principles, as well as the relevant policies, processes and procedures of the City of Edmonton, Alberta Transportation and Economic Corridors and other municipalities in the Edmonton Region
- Experience completing quantity take-offs
- Experience in the design of active modes infrastructure would be considered an asset
Ethics and integrity are fundamental values at CIMA+, and we are looking for people who uphold these principles. We are committed to creating opportunities for all our talents to contribute to the firm’s success, develop and grow, regardless of cultural or other differences. We fully endorse employment equity principles and encourage women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply for any position offered at CIMA+. Adaptation measures are provided upon request to facilitate participation in the recruitment process.
For more information about this job offer, please contact Alina Souralay
Your application has been successfully submitted.